Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:45 PM

24,287 posts, read 13,139,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Perhaps now they could turn it into a place that serves real Southern food, Oklahoma style: long spare ribs, okra, baked beans, fries, cornbread without the sugar, sweet tea, and pecan pie.
I never went there but my wife and her coworkers did when they had a meeting up in OKC. All agreed that it was southern but it wasn't Southern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 04:53 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
That was a very DUMB Oklahoma type of move KD is going to be a Hall of Fame Player , why in the World would you want to Disassociate Yourself from a NBA player of his Caliber?????????

Dumb "Oklahoma" type move?

Seems to me it makes sense to change the name now that he is no longer associated with the team or the city.

I would think that most majority owners in about any market would have done the same except for maybe Austin or D.C.

And to be honest my friend, I doubt you would want to question Hal Smith's acumen as a restauranteer. He has done pretty well for himself making these "dumb" Oklahoma type of moves.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:36 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
we need an OPEN DOOR POLICY for all of REDBIRD'S KIN
No! Not just no, but H E double toothpicks, no. They ain't nothin' but beggars n thieves. . Quote from Dances With Wolves.

Howest, want to buy some Thunder season tickets? Yes Howest, Synopsis was always cool. He kept you from getting banned, didn't he?

We need a good Okie Mod. I nominate Rubi3. Hear her ROAR!

Old 08-01-2016, 02:31 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Dumb "Oklahoma" type move?

Seems to me it makes sense to change the name now that he is no longer associated with the team or the city.

I would think that most majority owners in about any market would have done the same except for maybe Austin or D.C.

And to be honest my friend, I doubt you would want to question Hal Smith's acumen as a restauranteer. He has done pretty well for himself making these "dumb" Oklahoma type of moves.

A Uncle that I love died a week ago on Sunday so I'm not going to get deep into the discussion.

Hal Smith could out perform me in the RESTUARANT BUSINESS with both arms
tied behind his back and blindfolded ..
What I meant was that OKLAHOMA is lacking
in WORLD CLASS VENUES and the Restuarant
with KD name attached could very easily been a
Restuarant respected on both COASTS and Oversea's IN ASIA & EUROPE.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
No! Not just no, but H E double toothpicks, no. They ain't nothin' but beggars n thieves. . Quote from Dances With Wolves.

Howest, want to buy some Thunder season tickets? Yes Howest, Synopsis was always cool. He kept you from getting banned, didn't he?

We need a good Okie Mod. I nominate Rubi3. Hear her ROAR!

I have kids and grandkids tugging and pulling on me now -redbird -otherwise I would have a more in-depth answer.

Yesh Rubi3 or either BassAndCatfish2008 would be great MOD's.

But I think that either you or GoodPastute would
be the best MOD's , but I crack myself up seeing
you two as MOD's....Falling Out Of My Chair...LOL

Old 08-01-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
in WORLD CLASS VENUES
Hey! We'uns got Sonic! Match that world class restaurant! That was a joke. Before all our negative nelly's come out of the woodwork drooling at the chance to trounce Oklahoma.

World class may be important to some people, but it is not something that I must have. And if it IS a must-have for people, those folks can go to where the restaurants are and more power to them.

I am happy with a good steakhouse, some good BBQ, and some really good Mexican food with carne asada tacos al pastor.

BTW, check out some of the reviews for KD's while it was still here.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/kds-oklahoma...UnCc6R-6-lMIWQ

Sorry to hear about your Uncle, Howest.

Last edited by _redbird_; 08-01-2016 at 02:58 PM..

Old 08-01-2016, 06:02 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
in WORLD CLASS VENUES and the Restuarant
with KD name attached could very easily been a
Restuarant respected on both COASTS and Oversea's IN ASIA & EUROPE.
To be honest, I don't think KD's was that kind of place. Certainly not a world class "venue." It's not going to draw locally like it used to and they certainly wouldn't make a living off of tourists using a former player's name.

To me keeping it "KD's" would just seem strange unless he was a more active partner in the restaurant.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Hey! We'uns got Sonic! Match that world class restaurant! That was a joke. Before all our negative nelly's come out of the woodwork drooling at the chance to trounce Oklahoma.

World class may be important to some people, but it is not something that I must have. And if it IS a must-have for people, those folks can go to where the restaurants are and more power to them.

I am happy with a good steakhouse, some good BBQ, and some really good Mexican food with carne asada tacos al pastor.

BTW, check out some of the reviews for KD's while it was still here.
KD

Sorry to hear about your Uncle, Howest.

Thanks Redbird my Uncle lived in Depew Oklahoma

I read your KD restaurant review from Yelp yeah what a pity that Oklahoma City doesn't have a Kevin Durant restaurants , to go along with it Mickey Mantle restaurant , and its Johnny Bench restaurant.

Neither Johnny Bench or Mickey Mantle ever played professional sports in the state of Oklahoma , but both were Baseball Hall of Fame players.

I don't go to Restaurants , I'm just(ordinary people) a everyday people sort of guy.

Mainly what I do is fry up a mess of fish , as a matter of fact when I get out to Oklahoma maybe I will bring you some fried fish over and we can PIG
OUT.......LOL..

Old 08-04-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks Redbird my Uncle lived in Depew Oklahoma

I read your KD restaurant review from Yelp yeah what a pity that Oklahoma City doesn't have a Kevin Durant restaurants , to go along with it Mickey Mantle restaurant , and its Johnny Bench restaurant.

Neither Johnny Bench or Mickey Mantle ever played professional sports in the state of Oklahoma , but both were Baseball Hall of Fame players.

I don't go to Restaurants , I'm just(ordinary people) a everyday people sort of guy.

Mainly what I do is fry up a mess of fish , as a matter of fact when I get out to Oklahoma maybe I will bring you some fried fish over and we can PIG
OUT.......LOL..
I think Johnny Bench is from Oklahoma.

We love the fish fry on Friday's here. You see AYCE catfish everywhere in OK. Not sure if it is like that everywhere.

KD's is history. I think OU football coach had his own restuarant. NOT Stoops, but whats his name?

Old 08-06-2016, 08:17 PM

I was in error when I said that Johnny Bench had a restaurant in Oklahoma City. I did a little fact check on myself and discovered that his restaurant was in Cincinnati Ohio and is currently closed.

Both Mickey Mantle and Johnny Bench were born in Oklahoma , however theirs professional baseball careers where played outside of the state of OK as Oklahoma does not have major league baseball.

I'm going to change my positions on the KD Restaurant closing , as I did a little research on it , and found out that famous athletes restaurants don't do very good as far as business is concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City