Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:08 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,935 times

Advertisements

I'm afraid that this thread will probably not last long since most people have such strong feelings about Pit-Bulls (good or bad)... Until then, here is a little page that I just love.

See how many *clicks* it takes to find the Pit-Bull on this page...if you are wrong it will tell you the name of the breed, just go "back" to try again until you find it.

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull

I've had more than a few strays on our property (including pits and pit-mixes) and the ONLY ones that caused problems were a Rhodesian Ridgeback that was extremely aggressive and would NOT back down even though I had a broom jammed in his face, A Chihuahua mix that my cat finally beat the daylights out of, and a Cat that attacked ME while my back was turned...that one bit so deep that I still have scars on my leg.

I did have one frightening encounter with a loose Pit-Mix... she dropped her head and charged me at a dead run. I threw up my hands to fend her off when she leaped at me from 4 feet away.

She landed in my arms and promptly washed my entire face just as her owner ran around the corner looking for her. Other than knocking the wind out of me, and having slobber on my face I was unharmed.

ALL breeds can be dangerous, and MANY times a dog is tagged as a "Pit-Bull" when it is another breed altogether.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 AM

242 posts, read 974,567 times
Being someone who loves pits and has known many great ones... try contacting an American Pit Bull club or rescue. Many of them take RESPONCIBLE ownership very seriously and will probably help you out.

I am all for protecting yourself, your family and your pets from unruly animals. However, do it following the law. It may take a few of her dogs taken away to get her to wake up. If you've exhausted all avenues, dont hesitate to put up your own fence. If she's not going to do it and you cant get the city to help, you may just have to do what is necessary to protect you and yours.

Here is some food for thought...

Unleashed: The top 3 most aggressive dog breeds - A blog for animal lovers on pets, dogs, cats, shelters and animal rescue - baltimoresun.com

This article made me laugh!!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambeauty2001 View Post
I need some help on what to do with this neighbor I've got. A couple months ago, my neighbor's pit bull bit my dad, and we went to court and won. She can't have the dog back. But she has other pits just as aggressive.
The neighbor put up a wooden fence on their side of the chain-link fence, and it's a piece of . Even the judge for the dog bite case said it was a joke!! It's leaning on our chain fence-potentially damaging it, there's no studs to hold the fence up. It's being propped up by some shovels and 2x4s. When it storms, the fence falls down. And now after a few storms, the individual slats are falling apart. I mean the fence is really a JOKE!!

The only point of having this 8 ft tall fence is to keep their 4-6 aggressive pit bulls in their own back yard. And yes, Animal Control is well aware of these people and their dogs, but has no control over the fence issue; only the dogs, their well-being, and if their enclosed.

It's getting to the point where we can't go into our own back yard without the fear of these dogs coming over through the now, large gaps in the fence, and biting us or our animals. What can I do about this, (contact, options, etc).
Did the dog jump the chain link fence and attack your father?

Was a lot of damage done? Did the dog jump back into his own yard or did the owner or animal control have to come get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City