Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 6,398 times

Advertisements

I am in need of a really good family lawyer to help in custody, child support and visitation. Any recommendations???
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 6,060 times
A great family law lawyer in town is Gabriel Perez. I refer all of my family law calls to him. He is with Ratheal and Associates, P.C., which is an Oklahoma "Super Lawyer" firm. Give him a call at (405) 842-6342.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 5,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slordre View Post
I am in need of a really good family lawyer to help in custody, child support and visitation. Any recommendations???
Phil Tucker, Shelley Tipps - Don't get an ******* who will charge you a pile of money and add fuel to an already blazing fire. "Baby" lawyers can also be good. Both of above attorneys very good, but expensive, i.e. $2,500 retainer minimum, probably more by now. Let me know if need any more info. [EMAIL="ptubb1@cox.net"]ptubb1@cox.net[/EMAIL]. Patty

Old 04-06-2010, 04:01 PM

664 posts, read 2,081,493 times
Me and my wife are currently working with Lundy Makohin and she seems really good.

Lundy Makohin

1140 Northwest 63rd Street - Suite 402
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73116
Phone: (405) 741-8715

Old 04-07-2010, 10:47 AM

664 posts, read 2,081,493 times
I forgot to mention... she also does payment plans.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,357 times
have you used or found a good one here in Edmond area? I am in need of one now.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:38 PM

4 posts, read 6,257 times
SHELLEY A. TIPPS IN YUKON, OK IS A HORRIBLE ATTORNEY!!!

(please read it all, I'm not trying to ruin her reputation, just warn others of the horrible experience I had with using her!)

I'm pretty sure I pay three times as much child support and alimony than most - all thanks to her!.. and she herself is ridiculously expensive also! It cost me $4500 JUST TO RETAIN HER!, then within a month later she was asking for $3500 more to "replenish my retainer" because of her ridiculously high hourly rate! *look around, there are tons of GOOD attorneys that don’t even have an hourly rate!* .. I would typically be okay paying that much for good legal services, but that’s the problem! she didn't do anything for me at all, and believe it or not, I'm actually a good guy, not on drugs or alcohol, no record, been a great father and husband for 10 years, supporting her through school twice, and keeping a roof over my family’s head for a decade! I even had proof my wife was currently doing drugs! but my attorney said she couldn’t get a hair follicle test.. so guess what? my wife substituted clean or synthetic urine for her own and passed the test . Shelley didn't want to fight my wife at all, and just wanted to drag out my divorce as long as possible to keep making money off me! (and I have since proved this theory because she lied to me and said we could not finalize the divorce until the house sold!)

this is what SHELLEY TIPPS was able to bargain for me on my temporary order... and this is no joke!

I pay $975 a month to my wife for child support and alimony
I pay her mortgage (and I don’t get to live there anymore) $500/mo
I pay her SUV Payment (and I didn’t get a vehicle) -$400/mo
I pay her cell phone bill ($200/mo)
(now, mind you these figures are only temporary, I still have to hand over 75% of my income to someone that was the one who wanted to LEAVE ME in the first place..) Not sure how that makes sense, but the judge went for it because I might as well not even had an attorney present! They even allowed my wife to base her income off of what she “claimed” she made! She was never asked to prove what she was claiming,.. and of course, she claimed to only make $200 a month! (my new attorney has since told me that Shelley could have told the judge that’s too low, and gone off of minimum wage).. but did she bother doing that? NO!
when we were in the courtroom in front of the judge, she came very unprepared, couldn't find her documents, was stuttering like she was just out of law school, and my wife's attorney basically schooled her and made her look like she had no idea what she was doing! I was very upset because I expected to get what I paid for in terms of service BOY WAS I WRONG!

DO NOT USE SHELLEY TIPPS.. SHE HAS TO BE THE MOST EXPENSIVE, MOST WORTHLESS ATTORNEY I'VE EVER HAD!

I have since then fired her and found another attorney in OKC that does not have an hourly rate, and only asked for $3,000 TOTAL!!! and he knows what he’s doing, and is going to fix a lot of her screw-ups. he even let me pay out the $3,000 over three months! this guy knows his stuff, and doesn’t stutter haha. Shelley had originally told me that I could not finalize my divorce until our marital home was sold.. my new attorney said WRONG!.. and already has me on the trial docket.. (Something that may have never even happened had I kept Shelley).

Please, I pray that someone reads this and avoids the stress and heartache I endured from dealing with Shelley A. Tipps. I can't speak from other's experiences, but I have a very bad taste in my mouth from her.

**You might be able to have a better experience than I did, but I seriously wouldn't risk it! I will likely never recover finanically from this.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:40 AM

6 posts, read 10,578 times
Stay away from Steve Ditto in Edmond.......incompetent and charges a pretty penny without remorse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City