Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 AM

30 posts, read 107,914 times

Advertisements

Are the neighborhoods in Bethany and Warr Acres safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 03:29 PM

9 posts, read 24,757 times
I'd like to know too. We're moving in June, and it looks nice from here, but I'm curious. Hope someone can help.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:28 PM

395 posts, read 1,540,694 times
Yes, Bethany and Warr Acres are quite safe. I live about 3 minutes from either one right off of sixteenth and Macarthur. I love both towns and am hoping to be able to buy a house in one or the other. The schools there are good too.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:37 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridamom1970 View Post
Yes, Bethany and Warr Acres are quite safe. I live about 3 minutes from either one right off of sixteenth and Macarthur. I love both towns and am hoping to be able to buy a house in one or the other. The schools there are good too.
16th and Macarthur, that's a war zone isn't it? If your going to move to Bethany or Warr Acres stay north of NW 23rd and west of Muller St.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 PM

259 posts, read 1,072,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
16th and Macarthur, that's a war zone isn't it? If your going to move to Bethany or Warr Acres stay north of NW 23rd and west of Muller St.
I disagree w/that intersection as a "war zone"- Zillow has neighborhoods around there w/home prices in the mid-high 100's. You can really tell alot about that area by using the Zillow website (or iPhone app) and seeing what home values are. Surprising you'll find some expensive (over 200k homes) just south of Bethany. Anything east of MacArthur towards Portland (south of 50th) I'd try to avoid.
Bethany itself along 39th expressway is pretty safe- full of nice college students from SNU and retirees who have lived there for decades.
If you're looking for a small home (under 1200sq ft) there's some great deals right around SNU on some historic ones (many restored). It's a more walkable area as well near SNU if that's something you're looking for.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:14 PM

395 posts, read 1,540,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
No it is not a war zone.We have lived here ever since we moved from Florida almost a year and a half ago and really like it. My daughter loves Putnam City West High School. Her special education teacher is probably the best she has ever had. My husband has walked to church and I have walked to the neighborhood market and neither of us has feared for our safety or that of our girls.

Actually, we have put in an application at an apartment complex in Bethany, not far from the high school that our daughter attends. If it all goes well we should be at our new address in Bethany on April 1st. My plan for 2011 is to buy our first house either in Bethany or Warr Acres as long as my girls can remain in the same school district. My fifteen year old is in special ed since she has learning disabilities and my thirteen year old girl is a low functioning autistic who is homeschooled. When she is eligible for high school she will need to be enrolled part time at least for the transition program.

Another thing I am thrilled with in this area is the number of thrift stores in this area.I am a thrift store addict so I am in heaven with all these great stores to choose from.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:18 AM

6 posts, read 18,376 times
I've lived in Bethany my entire life and there are a lot of nice neighborhoods. There are a lot of nice houses around the SNU campus and lot of people have are buying homes and renovating them, or tearing them down to build new ones. There are a lot of nice neighborhoods to chose from in Bethany but I would recommend Brownsville. There are a lot of areas to chose from but Brownsville in my opinion is the best. Hopes this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City