Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2007, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 6,702 times

Advertisements

We're planning a move to Oklahoma City and would like to build a home there that is passive solar. Any ideas on where to find an architect or a builder who is particularly skilled in such construction techniques?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 01:03 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
You might check out this website. It appears there is an effort in Oklahoma City to build more sustainable housing. Good Luck!

Energy Conservation News and Resources

Old 04-28-2015, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,394 times
Default Passive House design

Mary,
Just found your post while doing some research online tonight.
I know that it has been some time since you posted this query, but I recently completed the training to become a Certified Passive House Consultant through PHIUS. I was fortunate to do this along with several other industry professionals from across the country. As you may know by now Oklahoma is a slow adopter of more cutting edge technologies, but now there are a few of us around the state interested in building these very green homes. I learned a great deal during my CPHC training, and, if you are still interested in living in one, I would be glad to discuss a length with you. I am an Registered Architect, and absolutely love the work of creating wonderful homes. Please feel free to message, or look me up on LinkedIn: [url]https://www.linkedin.com/in/larryblucas[/url]

All the best,
Larry

Old 05-02-2015, 08:52 AM

3 posts, read 3,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
You might check out this website. It appears there is an effort in Oklahoma City to build more sustainable housing. Good Luck!

Energy Conservation News and Resources
Your link only talks about oil consumption???

Old 05-02-2015, 06:40 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,217,838 times
Oklahoma also levies a tax on all solar panels purchased and installed in the state. This is supposed to balance out the transmission fee assessed on your electric bill to support maintaining the power grid. In actuality, it likely discourages doing what you are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City