Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 04:28 PM

4 posts, read 6,165 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have a few questions about relocating
1. What are the sales and wheel taxes like? We are moving from Omaha Nebraska where the taxes are really high!
2.Also we found out our car insurance company does not exist in OKC, So does anybody have any reccomendations on renters and car insurance companies?
3.And finally for those of you who may have aready made a move jus curious how soon before your move date did you start sending out resumes?
Thank you and any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 06:59 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,909 times
I can only give a fair answer to number two. When I lived in Oklahoma I had a farmers insurance agent in OKC. Although the cheapest, we always had problems with are account being debited when it shouldn't be and countless other issues. I moved to Wichita and changed agents and had the same problems with a different agent. I recently changed to Geico and saved money and receive better service. Since you are in Neb you might be familiar with how Kansas and Neb taxes compare. I can tell you property taxes are much cheaper in Oklahoma than here. I hope that helps a little.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:10 PM

6,817 posts, read 11,545,464 times
Sales tax info here:

Oklahoma City Area Sales Tax Rates

Can't help you with "wheel taxes" a term I am not familiar with, assume you mean how much to license a car. My husband is 100% disabled Vet so we pay something like $8 a car, I believe the "regular" rate is about $70 or $80 but someone else feel free to correct. Don't know if you have personal property taxes in Nebraska (paid on value of vehicles) but there is none in OK.

As far as insurance goes, I always recommend State Farm. I've never had any other company (auto and homeowners) and I've always been very happy with my agents, the price and the service when I've had a claim.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:18 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times
I paid my license renewals on 2 cars a few weeks ago. I think one car as like $60 something and the other was around $80. As far as sales tax, depending on where you are, it will be 7.75% to 8.25%.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:58 PM

97 posts, read 368,919 times
Registration tops out at $91 for a car, depending on how many years it's been registered. It drops around $10 every four or five years, bottoming out at $21. Generally there are no other annual fees involved.

Sales taxes are 4.5 percent at the state level, plus whatever county and city choose to levy. In the portion of OKC that's within Oklahoma County, it's 8.375 percent total. (Canadian County adds 0.36 percent; Cleveland County 0.26 percent.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City