Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 AM

2 posts, read 14,845 times

Advertisements

My husband recently lost his job, and with it we lost our insurance. We were able to cover our children on soonercare but that still leaves me and him with no insurance. He is really sick and I'm afraid it's serious and he really needs medical attention. Does anyone know where we can go to a free clinic or work with a doctor that would take us on a sliding scale?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 01:24 PM

22 posts, read 104,261 times
The emergency room of any hospital. They cannot deny you care.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:57 AM

259 posts, read 1,069,247 times
The Okc health department might be an option...I know they do immunizations and well child check ups- not sure about adult visits though. Waiting time is long but it's free and better than paying hundreds of dollars for a sick visit.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:04 AM

2 posts, read 14,845 times
Well we ended up in the emergency room. He was diagnosed with sudden onset diabetes, gastritis, low thyroid, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. They said it was the gastritis making him throw up blood. He had to stay in the hospital for 3 days. We qualified for several scholarship programs and will not have a bill, Thank God!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 AM

5 posts, read 23,583 times
That is such a blessing! What a burden lifted off your shouldres. There is nothing more frightening than unknown medical conditions. Good luck

Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM

110 posts, read 291,425 times
Since this thread will probably be getting attention for awhile, here is another resource:

[SIZE=2]http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-okc-free-medical-care-story,0,4536209.story[/SIZE]

Old 06-13-2010, 03:14 PM

301 posts, read 1,323,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robW View Post
The emergency room of any hospital. They cannot deny you care.
They won't deny you immediate care so as not to die in the ER, but will they continue to treat you without charge so as to get better?

I'm glad things worked out for the original poster. It's a shame that people in America have to resort to searching for advice on the web when in dire medical need instead of just going to the doctor.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,381,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwestman View Post
They won't deny you immediate care so as not to die in the ER, but will they continue to treat you without charge so as to get better?

I'm glad things worked out for the original poster. It's a shame that people in America have to resort to searching for advice on the web when in dire medical need instead of just going to the doctor.

This is the kind of thing that continues to make me scratch my head as to why anyone would be against universal health care. No one should be tied to a job so they won't lose their health care, nor should they have to be at risk of losing a life savings if a severe illness strikes.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:22 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,529,345 times
I would try to get covered by OEPIC. It's Oklahoma's low-income health insurance program. Contact your local DHS office, or look up OEPIC on www.okdhs.org

Old 06-26-2010, 12:25 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,229,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdc58 View Post
This is the kind of thing that continues to make me scratch my head as to why anyone would be against universal health care. No one should be tied to a job so they won't lose their health care, nor should they have to be at risk of losing a life savings if a severe illness strikes.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Seems people around here listen to too much talk radio and get a lot of misinformation from Millionaire airbags that use fear and anger to derail any hope of regular folks getting the medical help that they need.

Last edited by okie1962; 06-26-2010 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: messed up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City