Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:26 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times

Advertisements

Em, you're a young lady at 30, with your whole life ahead of you. Think positive, work hard, and take care of your little girl - I'm sure you'll be fine. I can only imagine what it's like to be a single Mother so I can't comment or say "I've been there." But, you can do it, and I am sure that if you move to Oklahoma with a positive attitude you'll make plenty of friends. BTF, let us know how your trip went!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 04:55 PM

16 posts, read 29,423 times
What are you going to school for?
Also, have a safe trip!

Old 05-20-2009, 05:03 PM

I am thinking of moving to Texas. Not OK.
Thanks for the kind words. I must say...thinking positive is the hardest part for me. Yet, it is the most important part I believe. Because so many things fall apart if you dont stay positive. Depression sets in, and then your are good for nothing!
Parenting is difficult no matter what, single or with help. Our children are the best gift God could give to us.
I havent decided if I am going to go to Texas or not. I am trying to make the best sound financial decision and have had some BIG unexpected bills lately. So, we shall see.
Whats "BTF"?
And I feel like I am an old maid now at 28. Worried that its all down hill from here.
Anyway....thank you so much again for the kind words.
Your words are a blessing to me more than you even know!
Thank you.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:45 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
You're welcome Em. Wherever you end up I wish you the best of luck.

BTF = Born to Fly.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em77 View Post
Whats "BTF"?
Big Tough Female.......................

Quote:
And I feel like I am an old maid now at 28. Worried that its all down hill from here.
I hate to say this, babe, but you've been going down hill since you were in frilly dresses visiting grandma the first time.........the secret is, though, as Tim McGraw said it, is to "live like you were dying."

FWIW, from a cranky, lecherous, 60 year old a$$, in looking back at my life and the ladies I've known, while the teens and 20 somethings are great to look at and fun to play with, a woman isn't worth taking home till she is 30. And, in my opinion, a man isn't grown up until he hits about 40......mid 30's at best.....so you not only aren't "over the hill" it will be a couple of years before you hit your prime. Be selective, be choosy, and find yourself a guy as good as you are.........don't just "settle" to settle down...........

and if you want to talk, dm me for my phone number..................

Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 PM

I see....
Are you scared?
Do you have children?

Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 PM

Hey GP,
Sorry, I just saw your reply. I am not sure how this website works yet, I guess.
And you can be SURE that Im not settling. Ive worked way too damn hard to just settle. Trust me, there are a few guy friends I have that would love to settle down with me. I refuse because it just doesn't feel right, or something is not there.
Ive been a single mom for 5 years. I wont waste my time and energy on a loser.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:19 PM

Synopsis,
You are in Fort Worth, right? Fort Worth is actually where I want to move, or Waco. Do you know what the job availability is like in that area these days? I do have a bachelor's degree. Also, is it a good area for raising a family?
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:46 PM

Anyone around?

Old 06-26-2009, 08:11 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Synopsis,
You are in Fort Worth, right? Fort Worth is actually where I want to move, or Waco. Do you know what the job availability is like in that area these days? I do have a bachelor's degree. Also, is it a good area for raising a family?
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hey Em,

I'm another 'ol Okie on the Oklahoma forum quite a bit. I live in the DFW area and Fort Worth is an awesome place to raise a family. Solid schools, great churches, and community atmosphere.

In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to find more family friendly towns than Fort Worth, OK City, or Tulsa....I'd maybe throw Little Rock in there too.

Blessings and keep us updated on your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City