Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,541 times

Advertisements

This post is one of the very reasons I am rarely on this forum anymore. Does nothing but discourage people from coming here while maintaining untrue stereotypes. The main thing holding Oklahoma back is itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 12:23 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
.........Does nothing but discourage people from coming here while maintaining untrue stereotypes............
this is a bad thing? Some of us don't consider Oklahoma being held back by anything. Or do you think it would be nice if we were more like California, Florida, or New York?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:07 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
This post is one of the very reasons I am rarely on this forum anymore. Does nothing but discourage people from coming here while maintaining untrue stereotypes. The main thing holding Oklahoma back is itself.
You could tweak a few - very few - just a little bit, and it would fit Alaska perfectly.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:38 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Eh, it's just a joke. If some idiot who reads cdf decides not to move to Oklahoma because of a joke thread on some internet forum, then THANK EFFIN GAWD they don't move here!

I mean, seriously. We all know the truth about Oklahoma, so why sweat the dumb sh. Every state has it's zingers that make people cringe.

I like the trim the fat off the steak.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:20 PM

215 posts, read 525,167 times
[quoteI like the trim the fat off the steak. [/quote]
HAHA!! And then eat deep fried Okra. Speaking of which; I planted some Okra seeds in a large 14" pot and now I can't keep up with it. I fried some up for breakfast and poured scrambled eggs all over it. MMMMMM good.
Now, am I going to be a bonified Okie or what?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Eh, it's just a joke. If some idiot who reads cdf decides not to move to Oklahoma because of a joke thread on some internet forum, then THANK EFFIN GAWD they don't move here!

I mean, seriously. We all know the truth about Oklahoma, so why sweat the dumb sh. Every state has it's zingers that make people cringe.

Preach it, RB! LOL

Yeh, the world would be such a better place if we could all laugh at ourselves a little more and not take everything so seriously.....especially a city-data forum haha!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 AM

533 posts, read 1,711,306 times
I enjoyed fried Okra this very weekend and overheard this conversation:

Daughter: Did you add oil to the okra?
Mother (age 89): Yes, there wasn't enough.
Daughter: Now there's too much. What did you add?
Mother: Crisco of course.
Daughter: OMG! It's too greasy.
Daughter #2: It doesn't matter because it's Crisco.

But I can attest that the fried okra was very, very good and I especially enjoyed putting the homemade hot stuff on it.

Just wish I'd had some fried green tomatoes.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:23 AM

174 posts, read 450,443 times
You should see all the jokes about Jersey!

Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

Hey! It's the fat that gives the steak its flavor, RB. The problem is that I need to trim the fat off of me, LOL. Or, as the wife says, "Feed the bear don't poke at it, it bites".

Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 PM

432 posts, read 669,354 times
#41: Who's Jerry Clower?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma