Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 6,010 times

Advertisements

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice. I've been offered a job in Pawhuska and I was wondering if I should try to live in Pawhuska or Bartlesville. I really love small towns and the country, but I am a young (22), single female and am worried I may not meet people if I live in too small of a town. Does Bartlesville have a younger sort of crowd? Any advice would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran1 View Post
I wondered if anyone could give me some advice. I've been offered a job in Pawhuska and I was wondering if I should try to live in Pawhuska or Bartlesville. I really love small towns and the country, but I am a young (22), single female and am worried I may not meet people if I live in too small of a town. Does Bartlesville have a younger sort of crowd? Any advice would be appreciated!
You will find some younger single crowds at church, not so much in Pawhuska, but definitely at some of the larger churches in Bartlesville.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 9,983 times
Bartlesville is more of a retirement community. Nothing really to do here and nothing to really attract a younger crowd.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Aren't there still hundreds or thousands there working in the oil industry? For something to do, Bartlesville does have an enclosed shopping mall.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:09 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
If you live in B'Ville your only about a 40 minute drive from Tulsa. There are a few areas in Tulsa that has a good night life. Downtown Tulsa is starting to really pick up with a lot on new bars and restaurants. Downtown Tulsa sits in the NW corner of Tulsa so it is really pretty close to B'ville.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
I'm not too familiar with B'ville, but it's bigger than Pawhuska, so you'll have a better chance of meeting younger people. Probably. If you're interesting in going to Tulsa very often then B'ville is about 40 miles straight north. It's an easy drive.

Pawhuska, on the other hand is a very cool little town from what I've seen. Awesome old buildings downtown and a nice, quaint feel to the town. The Osage Nation's tribal capital is in Pawhuska. On of the world's only restored tallgrass prarie preserves is not far from Pawhuska. The Tallgrass Prarie Preserve has world renowned recognition and scientist from South America come to study the preserve in hopes of restoring accomplishing the same type of restoration.

If you love small towns you might like Pawhuska. B'ville is a decent sized town so you'd have more entertainment options in B'ville. Where will you be moving from?

Old 07-02-2010, 10:12 AM

144 posts, read 484,511 times
Bartlesville has a lot of young people because ConocoPhillips has offices there.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:07 AM

38 posts, read 124,261 times
You really should come visit Bartlesville and Pawhuska, if possible. Pawhuska has a lot of character with neat architectural buildings and friendly people. If you live in Pawhuska, you'll be traveling to B'Ville for most of your shopping things.

Bartlesville has a lot (over 2500 with ConocoPhillips) of young to middle age educated professionals in the oil industry... plenty of retirees too but lots of young blood here. I *think* a young person may find more to do in B'Ville plus it's only 45 mins to Tulsa, if you want to go there for night life or serious shopping.

One thing that you need to consider though is the drive from Bartlesville to Pawhuska each day. It's about a 30 min drive, depending on where you start and end your trip. But the highway is two lane, windy and hilly. In the winter, there may be problems making the trip but if your employer is flexible with that, you may only have an accumulated total of 7 days of severe weather (ice or snow) that can cause problems.

Come see for yourself. It's so beautiful here and many, many nice people. If you're coming from the big city, you'll enjoy the safety of our community.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,596 times
I agree with LBurry. Bartlesville has a lot to offer and also has a Young Professionals group with over 300 members. Pawhuska is a charming town but there is not a lot to offer in the way of shopping. Please come and visit both places. You can contact the Bartlesville Chamber of Commerce to find out more about the YP group. [url=http://www.bartlesville.com]Bartlesville, OK | Home[/url] or [url=http://www.visitbartlesville.com]Bartlesville, OK | Come Explore Bartlesville's... | Things to do in Bartlesville, News, Happeings[/url] for more info on things to do there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma