Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 5,330 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend just got a job at Halliburton in Duncan and we are going to be moving there or somewhere near to there soon. He is 21 and I'm 19 and we have been looking at apartments online. It seems that most of the aparments are all in Lawton. So far we have decided that Bellaire Apartments and Ross Estates Apartments look good. Can anyone recommend these or give us negative feedback? Or if you know of any other apartments that would be good could u tell me about them please? We have to have an apartment that allows dogs, because I can't leave my lil chihuahua-beagle mix puppy out.
Thanks ahead of time! ANY reviews at all will help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 05:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Duncan is a nice town that is not as run down looking as a lot of other Oklahoma towns. Good luck with your move.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:23 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Duncan is quite a pleasant small town. I've never lived there but I've visited a lot over the years. I think the drive from Lawton might get pretty tiresome after a while so I'd try to find something in Duncan or maybe Marlow or even Comanche. I've been with the big red H for 35 years and it's been great for me. You'll find a very cosmopolitan/international group of people in Duncan.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:23 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,155 times
Altho Duncan is not as large as Lawton, I'd recommend living in Duncan.....Lawton has crime and problems that you won't find in Duncan - and Lawton is close enough that you can get there easily on weekends for a little more entertainment than you'll find in Duncan.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,330 times
We have been looking online at apartments but all that comes back in the searches are apartments in Lawton. I couldn't find any that were actually located in Duncan. Could someone list some please? Maybe if I have names for some I can find them on here. We are coming down so I can see Duncan later this week so I wanted to locate some now so I will know where to look when I visit.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:03 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,155 times
You'll probably find it easier to rent a house than an apartment in Duncan. I would suggest calling realtors in Duncan and ask if they do property management (i.e., do they take care of rent houses for the owners).

Old 07-25-2010, 03:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cksmith91 View Post
We have been looking online at apartments but all that comes back in the searches are apartments in Lawton. I couldn't find any that were actually located in Duncan. Could someone list some please? Maybe if I have names for some I can find them on here. We are coming down so I can see Duncan later this week so I wanted to locate some now so I will know where to look when I visit.
I live in Duncan. I assume you're boyfriend is just starting Haliburton because the 2 Haliburton Plants in Duncan are mostly training plants.

You won't find many rentals for Duncan online, but there are plenty of them here.
If you have a dog I'd suggest renting a house not an apartment. Besides there's more houses for rent here than Apt's.
Have you checked "The Duncan Banner"? Classifieds » The Duncan Banner

Old 07-26-2010, 03:09 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,630 times
I feel for you! I grew up in Waurika, about 30 minutes away from Duncan and couldn't wait to get out!! They are too small for my liking - but hopefully you will adapt!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:21 AM

11 posts, read 25,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cksmith91 View Post
My boyfriend just got a job at Halliburton in Duncan and we are going to be moving there or somewhere near to there soon. He is 21 and I'm 19 and we have been looking at apartments online. It seems that most of the aparments are all in Lawton. So far we have decided that Bellaire Apartments and Ross Estates Apartments look good. Can anyone recommend these or give us negative feedback? Or if you know of any other apartments that would be good could u tell me about them please? We have to have an apartment that allows dogs, because I can't leave my lil chihuahua-beagle mix puppy out.
Thanks ahead of time! ANY reviews at all will help
I lived in Duncan from 1994-2006, so I'll share what I can remember.

Apartments:

The Gardens - nice gated complex, just on the southern edge of town and close to the Big H...I want to say the 2br units run about $375-$400 and pets are welcome, though probably with an additional fee.

Creekside - My first and only apartment experience, and they were in bad shape back then. Now to make things worse, the entire complex is painted a sea-foam green. I'd avoid this location.

Elm Terrace - No. Just no.

Winds of Oak Forest - Average, everyday apartments...nothing fancy, but definitely livable. This complex is on the northern edge of town.

Greens - Comparable to Winds of Oak Forest (which as I type it, the absurdity of the name almost overpowers me, anyway-) but centrally located and near Duncan Regional Hospital.

Good luck.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:27 AM

22 posts, read 70,049 times
Duncan is a nice town and I feel pretty safe here. That being said, I really wouldn't recommend renting an apartment here unless you know someone who lives in a particular complex and they really like it. I did a lot of research on apartments before picking one and we still had a terrible experience. Creekside Apartments are in grave disrepair and the husband and wife team who manage and do maintenance seem to really resent any requests for repairs. The walls are paper thin and we could hear the neighbors screaming curses. It's just not a good place and as far as I can tell, the other apartments are about as bad.

I think you would be better off renting a small house as the previous poster suggested. Preferred Real Estate is a good real estate agency if you need a suggestion as to where to go. We used Spanky Davis when we bought our home recently and she is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma