Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 09:41 AM

56 posts, read 77,031 times

Advertisements

I'm looking in to taking a day trip to Waurika some time in the near future and I was wondering if there was anything to do there. (I'm driving from the Dallas-Fort Worth area).

Do they have an restuarants or fast food places?

also, What is there to do in the city of Duncan?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 11:20 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
I'm looking in to taking a day trip to Waurika some time in the near future and I was wondering if there was anything to do there. (I'm driving from the Dallas-Fort Worth area).

Do they have an restuarants or fast food places?

also, What is there to do in the city of Duncan?

Thanks
Waurika?? Are you sure? You could go visit my Aunt, now THAT would be an adventure. I'm teasing... not really picking on Waurika!

It is a very small little town, but it is cute. (I think ) Waurika Lake is just gorgeous and has tons of wildlife.
Pics of Dowtown Waurika and the lake here: Road Trip!! (Lots of pictures)

If you happen to be heading that way around April 11th, 12th they will be having their annual Rattlesnake Round-up and Carnival. Waurika, City of Waurika, Homepage www.waurika.us

There is a little (but VERY busy) place just outside of Waurika called "Bill's Catfish" the food is wonderful, and the Cole Slaw is amazing. I couldn't find a decent map to show you where it is, but if you ask one of the locals I'm sure they can tell you how to get there.

If you come up to Duncan, you can find just about every 'fast food' place imaginable along HWY 81 going through town. The Buffet King on 81 just south of Elk has pretty good Chinese Food, and further north there is Golden Corral Buffet... Pics here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/1764087-post129.html

If you want to get off the beaten path, I recommend the Cedar Street Grill on 10th and Cedar in Duncan, Pics here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/2580687-post24.html

Downtown Duncan (on Main street) has lots of Antique Shops and a couple of places to get Lunch. Pics here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/1806627-post142.html

I would also recommend The Chisholm Trail Heritage Center as a place to visit! Great Museuam and lots of History Chisolm Trail Heritage Center

A few of the little parks in Duncan along HWY 81: https://www.city-data.com/forum/1813298-post151.html

Driving around the Duncan Lakes in the winter-time: Driving around Duncan area lakes (LOTS of pics)

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask! I'll try to find the answer for you.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:07 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
I have been to that catfish place in Waurika. Don't they have a sign on the wall that says, "Our catfish slept in the pond last night." Great food. Waurika lake is nice too and the fishing is good there.

Moving this thread to the OK forum.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
If you're driving from DFW I'd imagine you would be going up H81 via Terral OK just across the Red River.

Doug's Peach Orchard is right there and it's a Southern Oklahoma institution. People drive from all over North Texas to visit. I prefer the catfish and atmosphere there a little more. But Bill's is great as well. No knocking Bills.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:18 PM

491 posts, read 1,476,218 times
No.

Unless you want to go to Sonic, an in-home liquor store or the A-OK Motel

Old 11-10-2010, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,983 times
I would highly recommend Bill's Catfish. Coming from the South on 81 Hwy, turn left at Waurika and follow the road out to the West and bear left at the curve and keep going until you are almost at the river. Bill's is on the right. Our family goes there for all of our special occassions. We are from Bowie and love Bill's. There's also an antique shop on the right side of the highway after you turn left.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:50 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,799 times
I'm from there - and there is NOTHING to do. They only have a Sonic, 2 gas stations, and Bill's. Bill's is okay, but I would venture a little farther North for better food and entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma