Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 03:45 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
And the donkeys don't even get to say "How big an old boy are ya?"
Somehow I knew that was coming.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
...those donkeys are really pretty strong. Some of them bucked off the riders every chance they got! Some of the riders were pretty big ol' boys though.
Looking at a couple of those pics they need to make a rule... If you weigh more than the donkey YOU have to carry HIM! Donkey Basketball is always good for giggles!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:11 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Wow, you REALLY did mean donkey basketball. I thought you meant the way where you can only throw underhanded. I'm surprised that the hooves don't mess up the floor though.

BTW, I played basketball on that court many times (unless it's a new one) when I was on Allen's HS BBall team!
i dragged Anna away from her movie to show her the donkey basketball pics. she loved them!!! she's already anxious to move, and that just made her more so. they sure looked like they were having a lot of fun!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:20 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Yes we did have a lot of fun and no the stupid critters never did learn to stay away. But as I recall my brother was up a few points on me.
Quote:
Up here in Ohio
we call'em "speed-bumps" on the roads.
I have a brother in Ashland. He owns a Heating and A/C business.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:44 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I have a brother in Ashland. He owns a Heating and A/C business.
Ashland is only about 30 min from my house. I still have some family members from my Mom's side living there. I also run asphalt trucks down there to do road work. Whats the name of his company, maybe I'll look him up next time down in that area?

Old 01-23-2008, 07:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Ashland is only about 30 min from my house. I still have some family members from my Mom's side living there. I also run asphalt trucks down there to do road work. Whats the name of his company, maybe I'll look him up next time down in that area?
He has 5 Service trucks (vans) so If you happen to see one that say's
"Al Farnams Maintanence" that's his. He's on Cottage St.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
i dragged Anna away from her movie to show her the donkey basketball pics. she loved them!!! she's already anxious to move, and that just made her more so. they sure looked like they were having a lot of fun!
I was thinking the other day that Anna should look into the CC Riders. They are a group with Camp Fire that is open to kids up to 12th grade and they learn all about horses, their care as well as riding. The CC is for Camp Cimarron, their old camp ground. My daughter went to camp there and loved it, but she didn't join the wrangler group (she got sick of horses). I hope they are still around.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I was thinking the other day that Anna should look into the CC Riders. They are a group with Camp Fire that is open to kids up to 12th grade and they learn all about horses, their care as well as riding. The CC is for Camp Cimarron, their old camp ground. My daughter went to camp there and loved it, but she didn't join the wrangler group (she got sick of horses). I hope they are still around.
thanks, peggy, i'll have to look into that. she would love it, i'm sure.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:04 AM

The teen aged girls who were the CC Riders were the big wheels at camp. I think they lived in the saddle. I heard since then that Camp Fire was thinking of discontinuing that because the horses were expensive to maintain. Hope they are still there.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
The teen aged girls who were the CC Riders were the big wheels at camp. I think they lived in the saddle. I heard since then that Camp Fire was thinking of discontinuing that because the horses were expensive to maintain. Hope they are still there.
i checked online and the last time they were offering camp cimmaron was 2006, so it looks like it's close. that's a shame. but the camp fire usa is still around with various clubs. it sounds like 4-H, which anna always tried to get into, but they never responded to our phone calls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma