Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 10:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times

Advertisements

Every notice how the cats like to show off their catch?
Our cats in Ca. would go out in the field, and later come back with a big fat golpher or crow in it's mouth, bring it in the house while we were eating, and then lay down by the table and start playing with it.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Synopsis, what are you using for bait?? Peanut butter worked well for us, but some of them preferred bits of dog food. (that is what they were after in our garage)

One tip... wash the mouse cube with soap and water and then use a paper towel when you place it so your scent isn't on it... sometimes I had to leave a trail of crumbs (or a smear of peanut butter) leading into the cube.

Karibear! I hate glue traps the worst... They would scream so loud when they got caught. I never used another one after I found a foot and a trail of blood... Even snap traps were better.

We had a HUGE problem with mice in CA, being so close to the fields and having a landlord that wouldn't spray for bugs or any kind of vermin.

Even having 2 cats and a dog didn't help... the mice would just walk right out and give them dirty looks.
We had fields around us too.
I'll have to admit that the mice and cockroach population in OK. is much more higher than in CA. But one reason there's more cockroaches back here is that there's a bigger variety of them and other bugs. (Large, small, tiny and half breeds)
Out there were olny a few kinds of household bugs like cockroaches, water bugs, ect.
Anyone from CA. will remember that you could never leave any kind of food exposed because in seconds it would be covered with ants.
Mesquitoes are heavier here too but the because of the humidity level.
My cure for that is, don't take a shower for a week and they leave you a lone

Old 02-07-2008, 05:52 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I wish you could tell me the trick. We've got a mouse around here that I've been trying to trap (humanely) for weeks now. I cannot get him! He runs around all over the place; the dog freaks out and doesn't know what to do. I need to get Cali's kitty over here - he looks like he would eat anything that moves..

Seriously, I don't want to kill the mouse, just catch and release - but he ain't falling for it.
I got on the internet and googled for live mouse traps, and so it came through the mail. I bouught the metal one.

So far this morning makes my third mouse. One a night. I put peanut butter inside. i wonder when the mice around here will get wise? I take them far away from here so they won't come back. Then I wash the mouse trap to get rid of all of his scent and mine.

My husband said that two dogs is enough, we don't need a cat. We have a lot of feral cats outside, but they don't seem to be getting the mice, or the mice decided that this is a better home. I feel horrible when I kill any critter, so I won't do it. I am a member of the right to life animal movement. Joking.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 02-07-2008 at 06:03 AM..

Old 02-07-2008, 06:50 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
LR, I've used peanut butter and cheese to no avail. I don't like the sticky traps, to inhumane. I'd much rather go for the quick kill and not make them suffer. I know, call me a bleeding heart but I hate seeing any animal suffer. I'm considering buying the regular old mouse traps that SNAP! This guy is getting very bold; he runs all over the place like he owns it.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:55 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times
Maybe you could go to the hardware store and buy a new humane trap, Synopsis. I am starting to feel very sorry for your mouse.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Maybe you could go to the hardware store and buy a new humane trap, Synopsis. I am starting to feel very sorry for your mouse.
Last night my daughter saw two of them, playing in the middle of the floor. She's come to like them and wants them as pets. I'm going to find another type of humane trap. Also, there is a friend of ours who had hords of mice running all over her place and she caught every single one of them with a type of humane trap. She's going to give us the trap today, along with her "recipe" for attracting them. She said she got the bait at a Vietnamese store here locally. I'm going to give that a shot.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I got on the internet and googled for live mouse traps, and so it came through the mail. I bouught the metal one.

So far this morning makes my third mouse. One a night. I put peanut butter inside. i wonder when the mice around here will get wise? I take them far away from here so they won't come back. Then I wash the mouse trap to get rid of all of his scent and mine.

My husband said that two dogs is enough, we don't need a cat. We have a lot of feral cats outside, but they don't seem to be getting the mice, or the mice decided that this is a better home. I feel horrible when I kill any critter, so I won't do it. I am a member of the right to life animal movement. Joking.
I'll take "survival of the fittest" for $100, Alex.

"Live" mouse traps would be................. cats;...ding..ding..ding

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-07-2008 at 09:40 AM..

Old 02-07-2008, 09:45 AM

Here's a mouse trying to do a "high wire" act.

Here's a live animal trap.
Wait! that's a Moose.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-07-2008 at 10:29 AM..

Old 02-07-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Here's a mouse trying to do a "high wire" act.

Here's a live animal trap.
Wait! that's a Moose.
What the heck? Is that real?

Old 02-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
What the heck? Is that real?
It's very real and the bad thing about it is, it happens more than you would think.

Quick quiz:
Can anyone tell me how this happened?

(HINT)
There a 3 small things in that picture that helped me figure out how
this happened.
BTW The Bull moose was safely rescued.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma