Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 11:13 AM

29 posts, read 32,903 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm Melissa and im looking for a nice area to raise my daughter and my new upcoming editions. We currently live in NC but housing prices are going up. I'm not a big fan of Oklahoma but right now were limited on where to live. We want to rent cause we want to go back to NC so we just need a house for about 2-3 years. My daughter is 1 1/2 and we just want a nice safe daycare and a wonderful preschool near by. A safe town would be nice and i don't want to be in a rural area were i have to drive 20 minutes to get somewhere. Were interested in an area near Nichols Hills were our family lives. I'm pretty much clueless on OKC so I would love to have info. Oh and by the way I'm a young mom and its very hard trying to find a home to rent which is kinda upsetting. I'm 19 and my fiance is 21 so hopefully out in OK they rent to young moms. Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 11:25 AM

708 posts, read 687,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernCarolinaMommy View Post
Hi, I'm Melissa and im looking for a nice area to raise my daughter and my new upcoming editions. We currently live in NC but housing prices are going up. I'm not a big fan of Oklahoma but right now were limited on where to live. We want to rent cause we want to go back to NC so we just need a house for about 2-3 years. My daughter is 1 1/2 and we just want a nice safe daycare and a wonderful preschool near by. A safe town would be nice and i don't want to be in a rural area were i have to drive 20 minutes to get somewhere. Were interested in an area near Nichols Hills were our family lives. I'm pretty much clueless on OKC so I would love to have info. Oh and by the way I'm a young mom and its very hard trying to find a home to rent which is kinda upsetting. I'm 19 and my fiance is 21 so hopefully out in OK they rent to young moms. Thanks for all your help!
HEY MEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well duh you want to be near me in nichols hills!! i think edmond is nice! call grandma she'll help you! glad to see you on here!

Old 03-25-2008, 03:12 PM

hey guys where are all of you?!

Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
hey guys where are all of you?!
Where have you been, Cali? I just realized this morning that we haven't heard from you in a while. Everything all right?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Where have you been, Cali? I just realized this morning that we haven't heard fromand you in a while. Everything all right?
yeah i've been busy, been at my aunts house alot. shes been really sick well shes pregnant and she is just not doing well then im going to cousins house melissa..the one who posted above, for the weekend which will be fun! How have u been?

anybody wanna answer my cousins question

Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
yeah i've been busy, been at my aunts house alot. shes been really sick well shes pregnant and she is just not doing well then im going to cousins house melissa..the one who posted above, for the weekend which will be fun! How have u been?

anybody wanna answer my cousins question
I've been fine, Cali. Good to hear from you. We are almost all unpacked, just a little bit more to go (mostly in the garage). Anna started at Mustang High School yesterday and has already made some friends. We've missed your bubbly presence here

Old 03-25-2008, 07:00 PM

im glad to hear shes doing good!! i really hope to see her soon!

Old 03-25-2008, 08:02 PM

29 posts, read 32,903 times
Hi Colleeng, how does your family like Mustang? and her new school?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 PM

60 posts, read 203,816 times
A safe, non-rural, in-expensive place to rent a home would be nice. Unfortunately I cant find such a place. I'm sure Edmond would fit the bill but I doubt you will find a home to rent under $700. Most run $900-$1100, then again your definition of in-expensive might be different from mine (I only make 60K a year).

You might find a one bedroom apartment in the $500 range in an older complex in Edmond but thats the best you will do if you want cheap.

I have looked for apartments but it's cheaper for me to commute from the panhandle and stay in a company paid motel. I may eventually move to OKC but for now I'll just drive.

I'd suggest you look in Norman, Moore, and Edmond in that order, if you want semi-nice and are on a budget.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernCarolinaMommy View Post
Hi Colleeng, how does your family like Mustang? and her new school?
Hi NorthernCarolinaMommy: We're getting settled in. My husband and I love Mustang, and are really glad this is the town we chose to live in. It reminds us in some ways of the small town in NJ we left. My daughter, Anna, who was really excited about the move is having some adjustment problems, but minor ones. She's just shocked that she's having problems at all, but I told her before we left that she would. She likes Mustang High School, but finds things a little different (some better, some not so better). She's also looking forward to getting a job this summer, and has applied to the Water Park and the local Community Center. My 18 year old son, Scott, is having the hardest time adjusting. He left his GF behind, and that is literally breaking his heart. He also has a terrible time with change, and now his entire life has changed. He just started a summer job which helps keep him busy. He's going back to NJ in June to go to his GF's senior prom. He insists he will move back to NJ, but even if he does, I know he won't stay because he is not mature enough to live on his own.

I think you will like Oklahoma. We're very happy with our decision. Mustang does have some rentals, but I'm not too familiar with them since we bought our house. They have a very active community center, with a town pool. If you want any other info on Mustang, let me know.

We all love CaliOkie girl on this forum, she has brightened many a dim day here. We're always impressed that she wants to talk to us "old folk."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma