Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 5,264 times

Advertisements

I am a 59 year old Christian lady. I have been divorced for 22 years. I am looking to rent a room or share an apartment or home with the same. I am also looking for a secretarial, receptionist or office assistant position. Can anyone give me an information or directions? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 11:43 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Hi,
Out of curiosity, is there any specific reason for Maysville? I've never been there but it appears that you are moving there hoping to find a job and it's only about 1,300 people. I doubt if there would be too many opportunities for a receptionist or office assistant there. The nearest place of any size would be Pauls Valley, and you might find some employment there. Pauls Valley is a pretty nice little town. Give us more specifics so maybe we can help.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,264 times
Smile Position in Maysville

There is currently a Receptionist position available in Maysville. I am not selective as to where I want to live as long as it is a small town. I am tired of the big city in California. I am also capable of being a care-giver. I was a CNA in my younger years and worked in a hospital for 3 years. In between employment, I have worked as a care-giver in Wichita, Kansas and here in California.

Thank you for your help!

Mid-West

Old 08-21-2007, 09:55 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
Hi Mid-West

You might try the Pauls Valley newpaper online, maybe even put in an ad about roommate wanted. That might also work in other small town newspapers online. Here's a link: Pauls Valley Daily Democrat home page

These newspapers also run an online forum called Hey Martha. You scroll down to the bottom of the page. It's an all right forum, but not as good as this one. (too much fighting there). But, it's worth a try. While I was there, I ran across this interesting thread:
2007 HONOBIA BIGFOOT FESTIVAL (Honobia is nowhere near Maysville. It is way down in the mountains of SE Oklahoma)

Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 AM

169 posts, read 456,134 times
Another thing that may surprise you after living in California is that in a small town in OK you can probably rent or even buy a small house on a receptionist salary. Because housing is so cheap, it might be hard to find somebody looking for a housemate. It's possible, though.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,501 times
Default home for sale maysville oklahoma

have a really cute home in maysville for sale, was my mom and dad's homeplace. we have on the market for 39,500. have had lots of interest, but no closing yet. might be something you would be interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma