Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 02:25 AM

2 posts, read 6,751 times

Advertisements

how is it going. i will be PCS to fort sill with 52 AD PATRIOT. i was wondering if you knew anything about it.(deploying, not deploying?) also are you always in the field? thank you and have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 05:46 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
Here is a link to some pictures of some of the other towns in the area. Some of you might find them helpful.

//www.city-data.com/forum/oklah...ml#post3872135

Old 05-27-2008, 10:24 AM

10 posts, read 33,993 times
Dont know, I 'll ask he says they may go to Korea next year (may 09)

Old 07-16-2008, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,698 times
Default Lawton Rentals

You can find several rental properties and home for sale on [url=http://www.LawtonOK-Realty.com]Lawton Fort Sill, Oklahoma REALTORS®, Homes For Sale Rent and FSBO.[/url]

Old 07-17-2008, 11:45 PM

41 posts, read 168,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexEx View Post
PCSing to Fort Sill
Yet another family posting questions about our pcs move to Lawton/ Fort Sill. Leaving Fort Bliss and El Paso. Happy Happy Happy. We have been here nine years. Our orders are for June 08. I am looking forward to the move!! I hope they speak english in Oklahoma cause they sure dont here, I am a native Texan, but El Paso might as well be a foreign country.
I hope someone can answer my questions about areas to live, are there maybe nice older neighborhoods? Old as in "charm" not old as in run down. Schools are not an issue. No kids, just dogs. I am hoping for some info from other military families that have PCSed to the Fort Sill area in the last few months. but I will appreciate any reply.
thanks
They're are nice older houses, unfortunately, they're close to crummy streets. Gorgeous house, I wouldn't live in one. I live 30 miles out from Lawton. I leave my doors open during good weather and never lock my car.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:20 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetkiller View Post
They're are nice older houses, unfortunately, they're close to crummy streets. Gorgeous house, I wouldn't live in one. I live 30 miles out from Lawton. I leave my doors open during good weather and never lock my car.
What's your add,?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 AM

Default PCS to Fort Sill Lawton update!!!! Arrived here in June

Anyone PCSing to Lawton Fort Sill, make hotel reservations ASAP. There are not many nice ones, and they are always booked up. We liked the the Best Western (our 2 large dogs were welcome and they had lots of room to walk them) Lodging on post was the same way. Make your reserevations months in advance. We even had to spend a week in Chicasha.
Lots of rental places, lots of rental dumps. Lawton is strange. There are nice areas but within a few blocks it turns dumpy again, unless it is a newer construction subdivision.
After about two weeks of looking at both we bought a house and 5 acres about eight miles out toward Duncan.
Hope this info helps!!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 5,012 times
Default Moving to Lawton/Fort Sill area

If you are looking for a home give me a call. I am a Realtor in Lawton at Coldwell Banker Crossroads. I have been in the business for over 11 years and have been licensed in several States.

Fran Harrell- Associate Broker
franrealestate@sbcglobal.net

Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 AM

4 posts, read 17,949 times
We are PCSing to Ft. Sill in January. We've been in NY for the past 6 years, and are originally from Maine, so we've never had to look for a place to live or PCS very far. NO idea where to begin. We'll have to stay in a hotel until we find a house, but how do we go about finding a house? We'll have our three kids and three dogs with us. I've heard Best Western is the place to stay, but how do I book a reservation not knowing how long I'll need to stay there?

We aren't looking to buy a house, just rent one for the three years we are there. We want space, not where the houses are piled on top of one another, and we don't have to be in Lawton. A remote area with nice, quiet houses and s p a c e would be perfect.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 AM

Default PCS to Fort Sill Lawton

Hey surfergirl
If we had it to do over again, we would make reservations NOW for as long as we could stay at the on post inn. We stayed in a studio with kitchen, laundry on site and they allowed our 2 big dogs, lots of room to walk them. It was nice and the rates were ok, the army paid for some of it
When that ran out I would book the Best Western NOW. We really enjoyed it, free breakfast buffett, 3 pools lots of space to walk the dogs, micrwave, fridge, laundry on site. I would request a room on the ground floor in the back. They have doors that open to the fenced in area. Security is really good there, you have to have your key card to enter the buildings. We had the pickup and cars loaded with stuff and parked for days, nothing was ever touched.The stange thing was we had to leave every Wednesday--Friday. We had not made reservations and all the all the motels and hotels book up the end of the week. We suppose it is to accomadate the graduates from basic ar something. DO NOT STAY ON CACHE road unless the hotel is brand new (there are some currently under construction)
There are lots of rental homes for the size of the town, (too many) I think there must be 60 or more just in this last Sundays paper. The neighboorhoods are also strange in that unless they are newer construction, there is no "good area" you may find a really nice place, but one or two houses away is "questionable"
I would try to get here for a quick look before you pcs, leave the kids and dogs at home (fly to OK City, Dallas)
I looked online at local real estate sites months before, and had made contact with an agent.
Other than that I like the place. I'm sorry I do not know about the schools. Deffinately look into Fletcher, Sterling, Elgin. We moved out toward Duncan (Pumpkin Center). Threre are alot of nice small towns but there are very few rentals in these areas. Walters, Burkburnet and Duncan were just too far for us GOOD LUCK
Email me if you have any other questionsl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma