Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:42 AM

9 posts, read 20,582 times

Advertisements

OH ... PS...

Stillwater does have it's own section in Craigslist, however you'll find many many many more in the OKC section for areas of Stillwater and Perkins and other small, commutable areas. So check in the OKC section as well!! Good Luck

Oh and btw, as far as tornadoes...stillwater has had a few, but they always crop up many miles away. I've never heard of one cropping up without hours warning. Im an Okie, born and raised 38 yrs. Family has always been our own personal storm trackers, so dont fret the tornado situation...Oklahoma is so up on warning ppl, you literally have hours to get the heck outta dodge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 05:07 PM

30 posts, read 42,787 times
Joe,
Funny, I'm also in the military (AF) and am moving to Stillwater next summer (June 2012) for the ROTC program at OSU. I've been reading the threads to see what people are thinking...I'm from OK but haven't been back (other than visiting) in 18 years. Good luck and I'll probably see you there!

Mike

Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 AM

5 posts, read 6,665 times
Default thank you to everyone

I really appreciate all the help, we are looking forward to coming. Cant wait to be a part of the ROTC program there, and the community. Any more info, please send it my way.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 863 times
Hi i am possibly moving to still water this year, now i am coming for California and kinda of scared of the drastic change. i do have kids 2school age and 2 not i am very over protective. i don't want them outside if i am not out there with them. but as i am reading about how safe it is. it make me wonder more (LOL). But i also am excited for the change, not for the ice storms. My most concern is trying to find a job out their. I know the cost of living i cheaper but a their any jobs like one that pay well starting 10 -12 an hr

Last edited by sparrowforyou; 02-21-2012 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: mispelling and missing words

Old 02-22-2012, 06:02 PM

664 posts, read 2,093,865 times
sparrow, may be better for you to start your own thread... may get a bit more traffic.

However.. what is taking you to Stillwater exactly rather than say an OKC suburb?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma