Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 12:39 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I live near Stuart and my ranch got 25 inches. I am still living in mud. Have you seen Lake Eufaula, that lake is high. Crowder ball field is still under water. Just watch will be in a drought next month!
The dirt roads around here getting pretty well rain-washed out. The road grader is not coming through either. The road grader would not be able to fix the damage, even if they did come through.

The ruts at the side of the road are really washed out and the gravel on top of the road is all but gone in some places. It is rutted and looks like nothing but farm trucks are using it. I wish I took a picture of it. I never knew one rainy spring could do this much damage to our dirt roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 08:46 PM

653 posts, read 1,786,425 times
The siege of apocalyptic rains and flooding is coming to an end.. finally. We're now going to settle into summer but it will be excessively humid for awhile until the topsoil starts to dry out some. Next chance of rain may not come until the first of July believe it or not. More info on what to expect this summer and beyond soon.. would love to know how everyone has faired out in what undoubtably has become the wettest three months in history for Oklahoma.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
The siege of apocalyptic rains and flooding is coming to an end.. finally. We're now going to settle into summer but it will be excessively humid for awhile until the topsoil starts to dry out some. Next chance of rain may not come until the first of July believe it or not. More info on what to expect this summer and beyond soon.. would love to know how everyone has faired out in what undoubtably has become the wettest three months in history for Oklahoma.
Enough of the rain has been bypassing or the rain clouds fizzle upon arrival, so that the Stillwater area hasn't had much to worry about from the Spring rains. As a reflection of that, Lone Chimney Lake, located between Pawnee and Stillwater still isn't full.

Only got .80 from Bill. For June, so far: 2.60". May had 9.89" with little flooding in town. April had 3.13", somewhat below average. With average for June being 4.32", Stillwater could end up short of that when the month ends, if not enough rain shows up in time.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
It was fun while it lasted. Now for the 5 months of heat and humidity. Tropical Bill flooded our dirt road worse than it flooded in May.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:07 AM

Okay, Rocky, are we in for a month of 100 degree weather? We got off easy in July.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:59 AM

653 posts, read 1,786,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Okay, Rocky, are we in for a month of 100 degree weather? We got off easy in July.
The hottest part of our summer is on our doorstep starting tomorrow and culminating over the weekend and maybe next week, especially the southeastern half of the state. Excessive heat warnings will almost be a certainty during this time.

For the rest of August.. I see the potential for a slight cool down starting the following weekend; probably to more normal temperatures (highs 93-98, lows in the 70's). I'm confident that most area's will see normal amounts of rain for the month, even slightly below normal below I-40.

Beyond August.. looking at the fall season..initially we may have some above normal temperatures and maybe slightly below normal rainfall for September but if the tropics act up and if the CFSv2 model which takes a stab at predicting what may happen out for almost 6 weeks... continues to predict a lot of rain, then all bets are off, that model has had a dismal track record for our part of the country so I'm not holding my breath on that.. but I am reasonably confident that later in September, October and November may be wet and cool. I still believe we will be affected by at least one tropical system coming up from the gulf later in September and/or October, also October may feature the remnants of an eastern Pacific storm affecting us.. those can be prolific rain producers for us. One thing we won't be worrying about until at least next summer is a drought coming on. More soon.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:31 AM

Rocky, I read in the paper where we will have a high temperature of 74 degrees F. on Wednesday, 8/17/15.

No way! In August? I cannot believe that. But I will be loving it!!!

Old 08-17-2015, 09:03 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Redbird, where are you? My calendar says today is the 17th and today is Monday. I think my calendar is mistaken. Yeah, that's the ticket! However, it's already 78 and on its way to 91. I think it was 74 in the early hours.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:47 PM

D'oh! I see Rubi has her thinking cap on! . I have little propellers on my cap. . I meant 8/19/15.

Hurrr! Durrr!

Seriously, newsok showed this wednesday's high temp will be 74 degrees !

Old 08-17-2015, 05:50 PM

Holdenville, Oklahoma (74848) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Wow, this one shows high of 70 on Wednesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma