Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 02:03 PM

43 posts, read 139,754 times

Advertisements

I was curious as to which towns in the OKC metro area you would suggest moving to. I'd prefer one that has less than 5,000 people but has future growth prospects, due to business ventures I'm interested in. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 03:16 PM

778 posts, read 2,321,803 times
Definitely Piedmont.

Its at 5800 (according to city data) so **technically** its bigger than what you require. Buts its growing (50%+ in the past decade) and pretty affluent, with a median household income of 85K.

Can I ask why it needs to be so small? A lot of towns that size around OKC are that size for a reason and the growth prospects will be strained, largely due to the distance from job/employment centers. Piedmont is an exception in the fact that you can be to the Quail Springs area in 25 minutes and downtown in 45 minutes.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:26 AM

43 posts, read 139,754 times
I would just prefer a smaller town. I'm open to living in a bigger town, but was just curious as to what all was around OKC that had good growth prospects. I don't want to live IN Oklahoma City or Norman. I will for the time being, but would want to move to a smaller town after a while.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:21 PM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Piedmont is probably a good suggestion except Piedmont isn't a town in the traditional sense. Years ago it was basically a gas station, a post office and a school, and now it is a larger more suburban place, However it is growing rapidly and is a very desirable area.

Other options would include Jones, which is close to Oklahoma City and does have a small town feel. It is much greener than Piedmont. The problem with Jones is that it is an odd mix of poverty and trashy areas mixed in with elegant housing additions. Piedmont is considered more desirable than Jones.

On the east side of the metro you have McCloud and Dale. Both are similar to what Piedmont used to be years ago but are starting that same metamorphosis. However, they, like Jones, are traditionally poorer communities out in the so called "sticks". Meeker is a bit further out and is a traditional small town but I think it is a bit too far out to consider.

To the south, your choices would be Tuttle, Newcastle and Blanchard. All three used to be tiny traditional old towns that have been growing for years. Blanchard has developed in a bit more of an upscale manner than the other two (which are more blue collar) and would be more like Piedmont except for the fact that it has an old downtown. Bridge Creek is a community out there is well that is basically a school district but not a town as such. A lot of people think the school is really good and there are some pretty nice houses out there.

Finally, northwest is Okarche. It IS a small town in a rich little farming community. It is basically the next town out from Piedmont. It is pretty wide open country up there but it is one of the nicer small towns in the whole state. It hasn't grown yet but it might be next in line as Piedmont grows towards it.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:51 AM

180 posts, read 668,135 times
If you don't mind a predominately Black population, Forest Park is a nice place. Most homes are in the 120k and up range and the area is pretty affluent ,nicknamed the "Black Nichols hills"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma