Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:02 PM

29 posts, read 100,748 times

Advertisements

We are going to look at some properties next week that are in Lexington, OK. Others are in Blanchard, OK. Can anybody here tell me what those little towns are like?

Thank you so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 01:51 PM

4 posts, read 18,921 times
I grew up in Blanchard (Late 80's - I'm now in Las Vegas) its a great small town with easy access to Norman and OKC. We would cruise main and then drive to Norman if you wanted to get anything from a "Chain" store - Taco Bell, Movies, Bowling.

I think they are putting in a new highway through Blanchard - so some of the downtown buildings are being torn down -

I would love to move back, but My job doen't allow me too.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStambaugh View Post
I grew up in Blanchard (Late 80's - I'm now in Las Vegas) its a great small town with easy access to Norman and OKC. We would cruise main and then drive to Norman if you wanted to get anything from a "Chain" store - Taco Bell, Movies, Bowling.

I think they are putting in a new highway through Blanchard - so some of the downtown buildings are being torn down -

I would love to move back, but My job doen't allow me too.
Thanks so much, we are going up there tomorrow. I'll come back and let you know what I think. Again, thank you for your input.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 PM

3 posts, read 12,348 times
I grew up in Tulsa(1986-2002), I have been to lexington not a bad town, but I know that there is a Medium Security Prison in Lexington, Oklahoma . I dont know if thats somthing that makes a difference or not. . . . . . . but I love Oklahoma, it is a great place to live...

Old 07-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Laci,

Yes, you are correct. There is a prison there and after looking at the properties we decided Lexington was a no. We looked at a beautiful house in Wayne with some land but the owners kind of misled us as did their real estate agent.

So, next week we are going to see some more properties. There is this one house in Washington, OK that I have my eye on. My agent will send some more our way to go see.

I did like it there. The people seem really friendly and I will be close to Norman which is good as my son will be going to college in the next year. It is so peaceful and quiet out in those small towns.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,891 times
Ok so lexington is great! My husband and i both have been raised here our whole life and now we are raising our son here. Schools are fantastic. I love our small town. Ps we are about to put our double wide mobile home on 2.5 partial wooded acres on the market in a few days if interested or would like to see pics please email me at [email="myluvemichael@yahoo.com"]myluvemichael@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 07-30-2008, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 9,520 times
Lexington is alright but there's not much there. You literally have to go across the river to Purcell to buy much of anything. I grew up in Purcell (live in OKC now) and it's okay I guess, but I still ended up going to Norman for a lot of things. There's more retail and things than there used to be, but some of the old neighborhoods are starting to look really bad.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:34 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,826,984 times
Welcome to City-Data shiroihikari. I just sent you a "DM"... small world!

Old 07-31-2008, 05:41 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Blanchard is a lot more upscale these days. Years ago I'd say that it was a wash but Blanchard has gotten some pretty impressive housing additions and golf courses going. All things being said though, I think Purcell is the best place to live in that area.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,948 times
Hi everyone. My name is Debbie. I need to know all the rules,the visites,and the money order's to foundout all this information for James Edward Brack,to help him understand the rules and everything about Lexington prison so he can understand.He is my husband and I'm having his baby girl Jessehla. If anyone can help me here is my email address [email]ladytrox1985@yahoo.com[/email]. Thank You everyone.

Last edited by DebBrack1985; 08-06-2010 at 09:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma