Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:15 AM

69 posts, read 159,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmom View Post
You should also check out The Enclave at Copper Creek. Brand new, all 1 BR, mostly grad students or professionals. Gated and very quiet. the Enclave at Copper Creek
I loved living in Stillwater, hope you enjoy it too!

Thanks for the suggestion! Looks nice, though I think I want to find a place with roommates. A 1 bedroom might be nice after I get settled in, but moving to a new state for the first time, I would enjoy not being totally alone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 06:40 PM

48 posts, read 98,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicagrace View Post
Good to know there will be enough people my age! Thanks for your opinion on BOB. It looks like for the first semester I might have to take a class at the Tulsa campus, and I'm debating whether I should drive or take the shuttle. $14 can add up quickly, but the convenience of not having to drive and being able to do stuff on the bus is probably worth it.

Can you tell me anything more about the Reserves? Based on what I've been reading, I'm ready to rule it out. At apartmentratings there were a bunch of reviews from 2011 where residents suffered through a fiddleback infestation! I've also read some articles where people say to stay away from that complex.

It's also good to hear that there is some stuff to do on the weekends. Since I'm coming by myself from California I won't have any friends right away, but hopefully I'll be able to find some people to hang out with

Thanks for the response!
My friends have lived there for nearly 3yrs now. Every time i have went to visit i usually stayed the night. I never had any issues with other tennants, nor any of the staff working there. The only issue i can recall was that they had an issue with the A/C in my buddies apartment during last summer, and he had some issues with getting a maintenance man there for a day so he had to suffer in the heat for a day which can **** anyone off. I'm sure they aren't perfect by any means, but each time i've been there they haven't been bad. If i were single, going to college, and could afford it then i wouldn't mind living there. The only other thing i can think of is more of an inconvienence. Each year in August they have everyone move out for 2wks (IIRC) and that is to go through every apartment and clean/replace anything that needs attention.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding some people to hang out with in Stillwater. Good luck with whatever you chose!

-John

Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,949 times
Having to move out for 2 weeks once a year would not be acceptable to me....I assume they would not charge rent for that period, but it would still be a major inconvenience for someone who lived there year-round.

I actually have a last minute job interview here where I'm at, if it does work out I'll consider my options at that point. Still probably moving to Stillwater though.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 AM

58 posts, read 95,736 times
There is a new complex going in behind the Wal-Mart on 51/6th street. It is Live Fifty One - Home and looks pretty nice.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
There is a new complex going in behind the Wal-Mart on 51/6th street. It is Live Fifty One - Home and looks pretty nice.
That detached part of town seems like a suburb of Stillwater to me. I never connected much with it. It would be nicer to have some more restaurants and shopping out that way to give me more reason to make the drive to that side of town. However, the El VaQuero Mexican restaurant is very nice and worth the drive. With all the colorful murals painted on the walls inside, it's kinda like eating in an art gallery, besides the food being good.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,949 times
Found out yesterday that it's official, I'll most likely be moving sometime next month---probably about to get a place lined up through a family connection.

Don't know that I'll end up in Oklahoma for good, but it'll be nice to be back for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma