Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:59 AM

18 posts, read 68,596 times

Advertisements

i appreciate the replies thank you. i saw that the estimated population for Guthrie was like 10,924 in 2006 so i didn't know it was over 15,000..thanks for letting me know that as well. i will check into those homeschool groups and see what i can find. again, i thank you both and if there is anything else please feel free to let me know, i appreciate it all.

Melissa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 05:26 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
Interesting about Guthrie. It certainly looks bigger, but maybe it isn't. It is a beautiful historic town, many more blocks of it than what Tahlequah has in its 2 to 3 blocks. maybe Guthrie is 6 blocks square of historic. If you decide that town I would look for a house with a fallout shelter. In Tahlequah they don't have many homes with them because we don't get hit my them since we are in a valley, knock on wood. Guthrie is my kind of town though. But then I love Tahlequah and the people here, and I love the area a lot better with the rivers, a lot more trees, foothills to the Ozarks. Some do say that we are in the Ozarks, but others say "foothills." It is just more lush here.

I gave your address to a friend that knows some homeschoolers, but they don't know you so I am not sure if they will write or not. I did learn that there were several homeschoolers here.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:04 PM

18 posts, read 68,596 times
jessaka... are you in Tahlequah? that is one of the places we first thought of and then seen Guthrie on here and how nice it looked. i want where there is plenty of green, trees and so forth. that's why i won't move west..lol..

Old 03-09-2008, 06:23 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
Yes, I am still in Tahlequah. I love it here.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:02 PM

5 posts, read 14,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stinson View Post
I lived in Tahlequah off-and-on for over 12 years and I still miss it. (I live in the flat, windy, dusty, ugly part of Oklahoma now, unfortunately.) It has its problems, certainly--what place doesn't?--but overall it's a very open, relaxed, progressive town, thanks largely to NSU. For my money, the best towns in OK to live in would be Norman, Stillwater, and Tahlequah---better even than OKC or Tulsa. The big cities offer better restaurants and more places to shop, but the university towns offer a better, more diverse cultural mix.
I second everything he said!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,503 times
My family and I are conidering moving to Talequah. What are the schools like? (hgh school) Are there jobs for drivers (CDL)? I would like to move there for so many reasons but one of the main reasons is because my children and I know very little about our culture and we need to get back to our roots..sort of speak.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Yes, I am still in Tahlequah. I love it here.
I have seen that you are on a lot of forum here about tahlequah. My family will be moving here soon. And would like to know what is the best high speed internet service. From what i have read everything is over priced and very slow. And suggestion you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-25-2019, 02:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Tahlequah is one of the best Oklahoma college towns. The people there are not stuck on highly conservative Christian Right attitudes as they are in many other Oklahoma towns.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:02 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Northeastern State University Tahlequah Oklahoma , both my younger brother and I have attended this great institution of Higher Learning. however my younger brother was the only one that came out of this institution with a bachelor degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma