Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 10,495 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-20-2011 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Old Thread w/recent post -- moved from the Dallas Forum since the ranch was located in Eufaula, Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 01:53 AM

8 posts, read 28,889 times
Default I remember you.

Yes. I did attend the Royal C Ranch, except back then I went by the name "Tommy Sands". Now a days I go by my birth name "Tracy Sands". After I graduated from the Christian Academy, I attended the local University here in Fullerton, California. I am now married to the girl of my dreams and I have a wonderful daughter. So, what's up with you? Are you still singing southern gospel? How is your family, your mom, your dad, your sister Betsy? I sure hope everything is going great, but then again, alot has happened in the last 16 years. I haven't talked to Bro. Jerry in years, although I did talk to Bro. Tim Knight about 5 years ago. He seemed to be really busy and I didn't want to bug him, so the conversation was very brief. It was really odd how I ran across your posting. I was actually trying to find some of the old sermons Bro. Jerry preached back in the days of my youth. To this day Brother Jerry is still the greatest preacher I have ever had. Nobody has influenced my life and my faith more than he did. Upon my search, your posting appeared.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 9,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWestmoreland View Post
Anyone out there?
I was at Bro. Jerry"s from 1978 till 1984 was at the old place and went by there last year to see what it looked like and it made my stomach turn we kept up the old pitchfork ranch well, I was one of the first boys to go to the new place in Ufalla, at that time there was only 1 old house there now I guess it has grown by leaps and bounds.I talked to Bro Jerry on christmas day 3 years ago was not a good conversation.Iam married to the most wonderfull woman in the world for 21 years now we have 2 wonderful Sons ,one named Cody Lee he is serving our country in Iraq rite now, our youngest Son is named Tommy Ray he is graduating this year on my birthday june5th he will be graduating in the top 10% of his class he is a member of the National Honer Socity ,The National hispanic Honer Socity he has been to the national leadership program on medicine he has also gotten the Texas Coaches asso.all accedemic award and he will be attending Sam Houston State University this fall.I too have taken alot of what we were taught at the ranch and applyed to our family values but am not currently in church, maby some day will return when i could find one that dosen't critisize people for anything or make fun of other churches.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 8,970 times
I was in the City of Refuge in 2005. God shaped my life in a great way while I was there. He took me from a lost man living a life of addictions to a man who can now love and raise his family in the admonition of the Lord. I will never forget my time spent there or the many people God brought into my life while I was there. I reflect on my time at the Ranch often.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:16 AM

1 posts, read 8,915 times
My name is Leonard Shipman. I was at Calvary boy's Ranch from December 27, 1986 to May 20, 1989. I remember all to well my stay there. I remember and I will never ever forget. I still wake up in horror dreaming that I'm trapped there again. I worked diligently with the state legislature in Oklahoma in the early 90's against the ranch and I would do it again at the drop of a hat. I would give everything I have to see that they never ever have any contact with children again. My life was certainly changed after being warehoused there. I will never be that little 13 yr old kid that endured the daily abuse that morphed my life into a living nightmare again. I threw jesus, the bible, christianity, and god the heck out of my life after seeing what hate disguised as love really looks like - talk about wolves in sheeps clothing! If you had known me before I knew him you would understand my total and complete revulsion.

Last edited by dlshipman; 10-25-2011 at 04:26 AM..

Old 11-16-2011, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,835 times
My name is Ron Dice, I was at the ranch from 83 to 87, I came there as a troubled young man ( 18 yrs old ) and ended up working there, I found out first hand what a joke that place was and how it was run behind closed doors, I was really hurt by the people who were in charge, when you put your trust in a man ( supposely a man of god ) and see what happens when nobodys around, I will never be the same because the Hate runs deep for them, i still cant trust a preacher because i think he might be like jerry mcdonald...etc..

Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 8,530 times
Checotah Area Obituaries- Jerry McDonald, 73, Pastor and Calvary Baptist Church and Calvary Boys Ranch Founder, joined his Lord Saturday March 31, 2012. RIP Bro. Jerry.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 AM

1 posts, read 7,868 times
My Name is Clayton Crider, I attended Calvary Boys Ranch in Eufala from October 1992 to May 1993. I also did not agree with a lot of the heavy handed discipline administered there, and have more horror stories than good to tell. I was 13, turned 14 there. I am now 35 and memories of that place and the way I - as well as others - was treated still makes me feel ill. It was terrifying to see boys being hit with a long wooden paddle until they couldn't stand up, and then being told if they didn't get back up, they would receive more "swats".
However, some of the other boys there were some of the best people I ever got to meet. The above person named Tommy (Tracy) Sands - I always wanted to tell you what a great influence you were to me and helped hold me together while I was there, as well as Bro. Kenny, and Guy N. I also enjoyed your mini-sermons when you were given time at services.
I appreciated the chance to hear some great Christian men preach, and know what its like to stand in the presence of good men who walked the talk. And the contrast of those that you shook hands with, and you knew something was "IN" them ... but it sure wasn't the presence of God. And so I feel about most of those in authority there at the time of my stay.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 7,828 times
I was there from 2003 - 2005. That was one of the worst experiences of my life. I too have nightmares of being stuck in that place again. Jerry and his family are some of the most crooked people I have ever met. They look out for no one but themselves.If you don't think that there was major corruption in that place you are totally blind. I was a devout Christian before going to that hellhole, no longer. I still remember my first day there and Tim Knight(who in my opinion was the only decent staff member there) telling my mom how wonderful this place was and how many trips we would go on. BULL the only place we ever went was the college in okc. And don't get me started on that selling candles bull crap. "Here, sell a $14 candle that no one wants to buy, Oh, and if you don't sell $600 worth you are going to get yelled at and told that you weren't trying. Every one of those staff members should go **** themselves right in their mouths.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:01 AM

1 posts, read 7,686 times
RIP Bro Jerry McDonald. May flocks of demons take thee to thy rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma