Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:18 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,321,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
You copy and paste here. That's what I did with your above sentence.
I meant write in WordPerfect so it's big enough for me to read for errors, then copy that and paste it here. So far, it hasn't let me do that. Unless I'm missing something? [looking around hopefully]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,827,486 times
K, Under "Programs"..."Accessories" do you have Notepad and/or Wordpad? Both will adjust the font to whatever size you are comfortable with. After you type your response just Copy all of the text, hit the reply button here, and "right click" paste (or Crtl +V) whichever you prefer... I just tried it with both of those and it works just fine. Your post will appear in "normal' size here.
(I don't have WordPerfect so I can't troubleshoot it )

Old 01-21-2008, 10:11 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,321,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
K, Under "Programs"..."Accessories" do you have Notepad and/or Wordpad? Both will adjust the font to whatever size you are comfortable with. After you type your response just Copy all of the text, hit the reply button here, and "right click" paste (or Crtl +V) whichever you prefer... I just tried it with both of those and it works just fine. Your post will appear in "normal' size here.
(I don't have WordPerfect so I can't troubleshoot it )
I do have them, but I've used WordPerfect to do that with no problem in other blogs and forums. It's just the CD one that stumps me. I'll play around with it some more and see what happens. I prefer WP because that's the program I've used for so long I don't have to think about what I'm doing - if I switch to something else, I'd have to learn that and pay attention. And I did use both Wordpad and Notepad several years ago when my computer started it's frazzling, but when it came down to the crunch, I had to print out what I'd done [about 60 pages of manuscript] and redo the whole thing back in WP.

Last edited by karibear; 01-21-2008 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: unclear line

Old 01-22-2008, 05:26 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
I wish I still had WordPerfect; it's a great program. Much better than MS Word. Of course in my business we use FrameMaker, which is a professional publishing program and is better than all of the others COMBINED.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:48 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,953 times
Hi eOKCphoto. Did you move from NYC? That's what I think of when I see Big Apple.

Welcome to the forum!

Old 02-06-2008, 06:43 PM

231 posts, read 390,624 times
I have given notice at work and told them I will be leaving September 1st, 2008. I am scared, terrified, anxious, excited and relieved...all at the same time. I bought 10 acres of land with a septic system and water meter between Pawhuska and the Tall Grass Prairie, sort of outside Foraker. I have found a used mobile home for $4,000. (I know, I probably sound very white trash, but I am so excited!). Because I had sold my So. Cal house 2 years earlier and banked the money, I will have interest income to live on of about $2,000 per month. That scares me. I am used to paying $310 for health insurance monthly, and gas, utilities, groceries, housing, entertainment, etc. is very expensive in my area, but I think will be a lot less there.

I may be doing the dumbest thing in my life....or the happiest. I am hoping for the latter.

A few weeks ago California's Governor, Arnold S. announced that we will have a $14 BILLION dollar shortfall in next years budget. All services will have some sort of cut, and taxes will go up again.

I am so done with high taxes, traffic, gangs, crime, grafitti, illegal immigration, $3.68 a gallon gas, $4.05 a gallon milk, insane frivilous lawsuits, celebutantes, etc.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,827,486 times
Blue Skies, *Yay* for you!! This April will be 4 years since we left CA. and I can honestly say there hasn't been a day, hour or minute that I have regretted moving here or missed CA... and I had lived there my whole life.

We drove through the Pawhuska area a couple of years ago and it is soooo pretty up there.

Just keep a positive 'can do', 'make do' attitude and you will be just fine!

Congratulations!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:23 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
I just moved to OK. from SoCal last summer. I know some others from SoCal that sold their house for around 400,000., moved to OK., bought 3 houses and a business and still had money left over.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:29 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times
I love Pawhuska. They are in a rejuvenation cycle that is impressive. Let me know when you get here. If you have 10 acres, you can raise a couple of head of beef. You shold be able to get a young steer for .85 to .90 a pound, graze it for a year, and have it processed for about $.50 a pound......and have 500 pounds of beef in the freezer.

$2,000 a month will make you one of the richer white folks in that part of Osage County. Only people richer will be the Osage and their share of the oil.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:33 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,953 times
Congratulations, Blue Skies! I don't think you will regret it. How can you stand to wait until September?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma