Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 10:30 PM

3 posts, read 20,113 times

Advertisements

Okay is a very very small town between Ft Gibson and Hulbert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 07:27 PM

21 posts, read 70,024 times
I was born around Okay many years ago went to school there. I then returned to live there in 1992 an I think that it is a very quite town with alot of retired citizens living in it. Actually, maybe the most of them are dying off. I should know because the biggest part of my mothers family lived there all their lives.. The town is ok to live in like I said. Then you have Muskogee, Tahlequah an Wagoner to go to if you need things. As far as your grandkids They will do fine there in that school system..they have a good school.. Honestly it is a nice place to live with not alot of hustle an bustle. And everyone seems to know everyone there so that is also a good thing.. Wish you luck.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKENHEART View Post
Hello, I'm new at this so bear with me Please.Im from New Hampshire and My Heart Is Broken ! My Grandchildren Are 9 And 13, Always been by my side. The problem, my daughter met a guy from Okay,OK, They lived hear together for 2 years and without Any Notice they left with the Grandchildren to move to Okay. She never even said goodbye. My bigest concern is I have no Idea or do I know anything about The State Of Oklahoma. I only know they live in Okay. Can anyone tell me anything about this area, Good Or Bad? Hope to hear from someone.
Thanks, Brokenheart

HI Im living in a town called wagoner oklahoma i live about 5 miles away from okay, Im not sure if it helps, I do know the area quite well if you have any questions, e-mail me jskarox@yahoo.com

Old 10-01-2007, 04:40 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
jskarox,

that was a very nice to offer your help. i am not sure if this person still reads the board though.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,129 times
Default I Live here

Dear Broken Heart,
Just wanted to know if you had made any connections with your daughter? I Live in Okay, If you have any questions, you can contact me at shellydowns@aol.com. Thanks, Shelly

Old 11-03-2007, 01:43 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Okay, Oklahoma (OK) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Sex Offenders
Registered sex offenders in Okay, Oklahoma

Old 06-26-2009, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,764 times
we are moving to okay oklahoma in about 2 weeks it is a very small town but i have heard their school district is great and its right next to a small lake and campgrounds and parks etc. I dont think that the town is very big from what i saw down there from our recent trip. okay is kind of a country area so there isnt very may people there and so things should be quiet there. its about 10 minutes ouside of muskgogee oklahoma which is a failry big town itself

Old 06-26-2009, 01:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevsnanna View Post
we are moving to okay oklahoma in about 2 weeks it is a very small town but i have heard their school district is great and its right next to a small lake and campgrounds and parks etc. I dont think that the town is very big from what i saw down there from our recent trip. okay is kind of a country area so there isnt very may people there and so things should be quiet there. its about 10 minutes ouside of muskgogee oklahoma which is a failry big town itself
//www.city-data.com/city/Okay-Oklahoma.html

Old 07-03-2009, 12:05 PM

6 posts, read 10,141 times
Brokenheart

Please try to compare this town with where you are. You can judge for your self.

The Okay area is a beautiful part of Oklahoma. It is located in the eastern part of Oklahoma near the Arkansas and Kansas borders. Climate is cool winters, and warm humid summers.

Okay was a frontier town that grew and prospered in the pre civil war time. In 1871, the railroad came through and the town moved to its present position. Okay is located between Wagoner and Fort Gibson, Oklahoma. It is a nice county town. It is very small with about two hundred homes. .

That section of Oklahoma is full with United States history. No book is needed to learn they can visit the places. They are a skip and a hop to the Sequoyah State Park, Mallard Bay, and Jackson Bay. It a perfect area for children there are rivers, lakes, places the swim, fish, camp and hunt. If the boyfriend does not take them, someone else will.

The school data should bring joy and peace of mind to you. The elementary school covers grades 1 to 8th. There are 20 students to 1.1 teachers. High School serves are about 163 children. The teacher student ratio is 25 students to 1 teacher. Boy how great is that. The ratio in my area for high school is 40 students to 1 teacher. They spend over seven thousand dollars per child for education.

For safety, the town uses the Wagoner County Sheriffs Office. This is a low-crime area. Its not a drug town. No whores, and robbers standing around and nor has it ever been like that. The town is very small and the parents intact with their children. .Okay has Direct TV services the area. Their zip code is 74446.

This is your daughters mailing address.
Her name. .[Mr. and Mrs. with his last name would be best]
Okay, Oklahoma 74446
Put the letter into an other envelope, seal it, and place a stamp on it.
Address another envelope to the Post Master, Okay Oklahoma 74446.
Add a note Post Master please deliver this letter. His family is known there and it will be delivered. Now, if she is not there it should return to you.

May I suggest you say nothing more than your post. Try to build a relationship with your daughter as things are now. Tell your daughter how much you love her and the children. If you can, leave out how much it hurt for her to leave without saying good-bye. She knows it and possibly feels the same way.

The boyfriend must of lost his job and turned to his parents to help. Maybe you could move there.

I don’t live there. I was in that area in June, July, and August in 2006. We saw friends who live in Okay. The food is good and the owners are nice. The price if I remember was about seven dollars. It was very hot too me. I tried to find a picture Okay but couldn’t.

However, if you Google maps you will see different pictures of that area. A lot of famous came out of this area.
Big city and big lights: Kansas City, Kansas/Missouri, Fort Smith, Arkansas, Oklahoma City and Tulsa Oklahoma. These are towns they call visit and return home the same day. Of course a place for them to go to college.

Good Luck

Last edited by JumpingBird19; 07-03-2009 at 12:38 PM..

Old 07-04-2009, 09:35 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
I've seen two different stories on Okay. One is it is the grain coop in Alva. It was originally owned by the Noel Family. The maps I found so far link Noel and Alva. The Noel family sold out, the coop is now the Farmers ? coop elevator and it is owned by Burlington Northern RR.

I hope I am wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma