Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,758,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
People shouldn't be judged on skin color. They should be judged on character!
Agreed.

The three shooters have -0- character. Their parents have -0- character.

from the Daily News:

Quote:
“They followed him, shot him in the back and drove off,” Duncan, Okla., police chief Danny Ford said yesterday.
Quote:

“When asked why he [a 17-year-old suspect] did it, he said, ‘We were bored and decided to kill somebody.’ ”

According to police, Jones admitted that the teens decided to kill someone "for the fun of it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,237,350 times
Quote:
^^^ best comment on this thread!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 PM

2,934 posts, read 3,500,490 times
Quote:
That's not what the American left believes. They will race bait at any chance. They showed how shameful they are during the George Zimmerman trial.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:45 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,650,009 times
this is a hate crime. The killer's twitter feed states that 90% of white people are nasty #HATE them.

He hated white people, he clearly stated that. He saw a white man running and that was to be his victim-- he's white and therefore he's a perfect victim...somebody that he already hates...it makes it easier for him to kill the white person.....because he already hates white people. The killer intentionally killed a man because of his race....this is a hate crime, stop denying it.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:17 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,786,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
this is a hate crime. The killer's twitter feed states that 90% of white people are nasty #HATE them.

He hated white people, he clearly stated that. He saw a white man running and that was to be his victim-- he's white and therefore he's a perfect victim...somebody that he already hates...it makes it easier for him to kill the white person.....because he already hates white people. The killer intentionally killed a man because of his race....this is a hate crime, stop denying it.
Then why didn't he kill his friend who was white? He said that all the way back in April , if you dig through most peoples feeds you will find similar things....it really doesn't mean anything. If he said it last week , then you can say it was a hate crime. But linking something he said back April to action he did this past week would be tough. There have been similar cases here in the Northeast , Race never comes up.... I don't understand why its an issue here?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:57 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,650,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Then why didn't he kill his friend who was white? He said that all the way back in April , if you dig through most peoples feeds you will find similar things....it really doesn't mean anything. If he said it last week , then you can say it was a hate crime. But linking something he said back April to action he did this past week would be tough. There have been similar cases here in the Northeast , Race never comes up.... I don't understand why its an issue here?
"all the way back in April".... that was 4 months ago...u act as if it was said in 1985. 4 months ago is not a long time. It means it's a recent thought he had a couple of months ago. I doubt 4 months later from that post he stopped hating white ppl.

oh and , I'm sure if I dig through other people's feeds im not going to find a lot of hate speech get real. You sound quite ridiculous. making excuses for the killers like "ohhh they spouted off hate speeech soo long ago and everyone posts hate speech online"....psssssh whatever.

Last edited by OptimusPrime69; 08-22-2013 at 10:06 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 10:06 PM

44 posts, read 64,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
ca_north, no I do not mean "Duncan is changing" as in an influx of non-whites. I guess I could look at statistics to ascertain the composition of Duncan's population and if it has changed, but I haven't (and I doubt I will).

I just notice that things here are getting worse than in the past. I've lived here almost sixty years, and crime is on the rise as I see it. I look at the police logs published in the local paper, and they seem to get longer each day. (Even though my father always said that if people knew half the stuff that goes on in this town they'd be in for a big shock; he said that his entire life as he always lived here, too. I'm not sure where he got his information, but I believed him even though it didn't affect me too much back then.) Now with two murders this summer (Allegedly, a young girl was stabbed to death by an ex-boyfriend earlier this summer.) and another shooting allegedly by a local physician....well, I think you can see where I am going with this.

I also taught school for thirty-six years. I've seen first-hand how families have changed and how people are less respectful and friendly. Now, I'm fairly sure this is happening in other places as well, but I'm mainly concerned with where I live. I feel Duncan is becoming less safe than I remember as a child and young adult. (Heck, I even reminded my mother to be more careful and observant when she told me she was going to Wal-Mart at 10:00 a.m. yesterday--to watch out for the people around her.) Has Duncan always had problems? Probably, but those problems seem to have become more acute in recent years. I guess you'd have to be an "old-timer" like I am to realize the not-so-good changes that Duncan has been going through these past years.
Wikepedia states that Duncan, OK has a demographics (as of 2000) of: The racial makeup of the city was 90.48% White, 1.07% African American, 2.95% Native American, 0.47% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 2.36% from other races, and 2.63% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.99% of the population.

Of course that census was 13 yrs ago so who knows how that has changed.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:26 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,539,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyengineer View Post
Wikepedia states that Duncan, OK has a demographics (as of 2000) of: The racial makeup of the city was 90.48% White, 1.07% African American, 2.95% Native American, 0.47% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 2.36% from other races, and 2.63% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.99% of the population.

Of course that census was 13 yrs ago so who knows how that has changed.
Citi-data knows as follows:

• White alone - 18,445 (79.2%)
  • Hispanic - 2,256 (9.7%)
  • Black alone - 785 (3.4%)
  • American Indian alone - 790 (3.4%)
  • Two or more races - 770 (3.3%)
  • Asian alone - 184 (0.8%)
  • Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 46 (0.2%)
  • Other race alone - 24 (0.1%)

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Duncan...#ixzz2clrCPEG5

Old 08-23-2013, 02:34 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,403,883 times
What difference does race make in this case? What difference does it make if it is indeed a hate crime? Three guys decided to kill someone because they were bored and they admitted doing it. They should be injected until dead and their sorry azz bodies dumped in a dumpster where they belonged in the first place.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:52 AM

2,934 posts, read 3,500,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
What difference does race make in this case? What difference does it make if it is indeed a hate crime? Three guys decided to kill someone because they were bored and they admitted doing it. They should be injected until dead and their sorry azz bodies dumped in a dumpster where they belonged in the first place.
Race matters because if the skin colors were reversed, there would be immediate talk of a hate crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma