Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2007, 08:57 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,392,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
So when are you coming out to OK? Are you bringing your family? It would be nice to meet you all.
Didn't see that before...

We will be visiting OK after we sell here...
(Wish the market was better...)
Then, if all is in order in for us there, we will likely
buy at that time...

The main reason for having to wait until then, is that I'm on duty M-F from 8am-4pm daily... (No time off except for holidays.) There's no one to cover for me, and I don't want to screw up my perfect record and tick off my clients... Until I sell here, it will be business as usual.

It would be good to actually meet some locals during our visit.
Thanks!

M.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Hey, Jessaka, maybe you can pawn it off on some poor unsuspecting CD okie who has not been reading this thread!

Fore Sel. Cheap~!

One never been used pewter part. Major high tech! Endorsed by Pewter Man.
It would STILL be better than no UPS... so she would in fact be doing someone a favor.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING redbird!
(Sorry to hear that it won't be as happy as it could have been.)

M.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:09 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,306,971 times
I will ship it back. i found a few sellers in Muskogee so will call them and see if they have it. if not i will order it. Thanks so much.

I hope you can sell your house in this market.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 11-22-2007 at 11:18 AM..

Old 11-22-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I will ship it back. i found a few sellers in Muskogee so will call them and see if they have it. if not i will order it. Thanks so much.
No problem!

Quote:
I hope you can sell your house in this market.
Me too!

M.
(Starting to come out of the food coma....)

Old 11-23-2007, 03:03 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,306,971 times
It is so quiet here today. Is everyone but me coming out of a food coma? My dinner sucked. The ham was freezer burned, the dressing was dry, the corn casserole was dry, the yam was rotten before it got into the oven, and I didn't care that much for the undercooked acorn squash. I think next year we will have cornish game hens and put the dressing in it. no more corn casserole, and the yam will be bought during the week of Thanksgiving. The good thing is, we didn't go into a food coma. The dogs loved the dinner, by the way. They even ate the squash and corn casserole. I hate cooking at 5 p.m. because by that time I am tired and so don't really do a good job.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:35 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,809,717 times
I am jessaka. I ate so much yesterday I was busting at the seams. I have a few pictures I'll post in the Oklahoma pictures forum a little later. I have had a hard time today even waking up! Happy day after Thanksgiving all!

Old 11-23-2007, 08:06 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,587,390 times
We had our thanksgiving today. We had 14 at our dinner including us. My feet are tired! I had a lot of help fixing the dinner so it turned out pretty good.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:19 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,463,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
HAPPY THANKSGIVING redbird!
(Sorry to hear that it won't be as happy as it could have been.)
M.
Actually, we are very happy going it alone. Goes with the territory. We dodged a bullet in that the cancer is non-existent. That in itself is reason to give thanks.

Second, and foremost, we have each other. Life is full of surprises. I stood outside today and looked towards the NE. It was so quiet and still with a brisk chill in the air.

I could not help but feel thankful. Remember folks, I was the kid who grew up in Los Angeles doing drugs at age 12 and did it al by the time I was 15. I should be dead. And that is not a figure of speech.

Anyways, the coolness of the afternoon was mixed such a quiet peacefulness. I thought to myself, THIS is what life is all about. No stress. No loud traffic. No lunatics doing idiotic things. I am truly blessed.

And btw, my dinner came out fantastic. Uncle Don could not eat much, but I made up for it. It was a good day.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,587,390 times
Happy to hear that the cancer is not there, Redbird!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:22 AM

Quote:
It is so quiet here today. Is everyone but me coming out of a food coma? My dinner sucked. The ham was freezer burned, the dressing was dry, the corn casserole was dry, the yam was rotten before it got into the oven, and I didn't care that much for the undercooked acorn squash. I think next year we will have cornish game hens and put the dressing in it. no more corn casserole, and the yam will be bought during the week of Thanksgiving. The good thing is, we didn't go into a food coma. The dogs loved the dinner, by the way. They even ate the squash and corn casserole. I hate cooking at 5 p.m. because by that time I am tired and so don't really do a good job.
Sorry your Thanksgiving was less than optimal in the food department.
At least the dogs had a special meal.

In this case, you may want to take a lesson from redbird...
(See his post above.)

My wife is a genius in the kitchen and LOVES cooking for people...

With the exception of my snowbird in-laws who live 2 .5 hours away half the year, and spend Nov - May in FL, we have no family within 1,800 miles. We usually invite the strays (friends who have no family or nowhere to go) over for the holidays. Used to get a lot of guests back when we lived in S. NH, but our friends up here all have big families and the one person who was invited this year canceled with the flu, so it was a relatively quiet day for us.

But... We have a LOT to be thankful for, and the food was excellent.
Heck, I'm thankful every morning that I wake up and the 4 of us are alive and well.
I've even learned to be thankful on those mornings when I'm feeling especially arthritic and I have to get out early to work... At least there's some work.

Besides, wasn't Friday the biggest shopping day of the year? Bet you enjoyed that!

M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma