Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 10:12 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguie View Post
Myspace is blocked on our Network.
I have an IM though!

And thanks for the welcome!
Penguie, you are soooo welcome here. Your dad is a great guy and personaly I think you will like Oklahoma. I spoke with your dad on the phone and I am sure you'll like Oklahoma!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 10:57 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,401,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Duncan!

$29,900

4bd 1ba 1500 sq ft $30,000

If you happen to win the lottery before you move...

Check out the sq footage on this little gem.

I'm really surprised there aren't more under $30,000's available here right now... must be slow season.
Meets the requirements, but from what I can see on the map, it looks like the only place that might be good for my work would be Lawton. (I could be wrong, I don't know OK very well.)

I kind of want to hedge my bets a little and have a few bigger commercial areas nearby.

You sure do seem to like Duncan though.

M.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I just did an inspection in Castle. 5 miles west of Okeemah (where Woody Guthrie called home). No sales in the past year EXCEPT.....a MH for $7,500 and a house for $5,000. Looked in Okeemah for comparables and lots of houses sold between $19,000 and $35,000. And that country is pretty, too......rolling hills. I went through Cornwall (where Bill Tilghman was shot) and had lunch in Wewoka (about qa 25 mile drive).....and was VERY impresssed with Wewoka. What a pretty town. Not far from Seminole, Henryetta, and Okmulgee.....pretty close to Shawnee and OKC.....not that far from Tulsa. Pretty area. I would consider moving into that area.
Going to have to check those places out... They look close enough to work...
(By the lousy maps I found on-line... Speaking of maps, does anyone out there have a link to a GOOD all inclusive map of OK?) I always have to use like 3 maps to find what I want.

Plus they seem to have the Goodpasture stamp of approval.

Thanks,

M.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I wouldn't live in Muskogee either, but it is a large enough city to find some good shopping. Now not real good, but they have a few larger stores like Pet Co, Office Depot, Lowe's, an Amish Cheesehouse, a hobby store that sells imports too, more restaurants although maybe not as good as Tahlequah, two books stores one is used. Just that if you moved to a place like Tahlequah where tornadoes never hit, you have that opinion to shop.
It does look nice, but overall, it seems to be out of our range.
There are a few places I've seen that would give us more options.

M.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
I think Wewoka is a pretty cool town. The Frontier House is a good restaurant there.
Synopsis was there recently he said it was pretty good too..
(Wewoka, not the Frontier House.)

It looks close enough to work....
GP likes it too.
Guess I have today's (or tomorrow's) homework cut out for me.

Thanks,

M.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:19 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Had lunch at the Frontier House. The special was roast pork, which I decided against (we have 500+ pounds of pork in the freezer). So I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak. It was a nice piece of beef, hand breaded and fried the way it should be.....very good. I had french fries and mixed greens....the fries were the prepackaged seasoned kind, but were well done and obviously just been fried....not sitting around waiting under a lamp. The greens were your basic canned greens but were good from custom seasoning. The gravy was rich, creamy and home styled.....not prepackaged. The rolls were fresh baked and light as a feather.....and were VERY good. Only problem I had was the "Whipped Spread" served with them.

The lady that owns the place/cooks came out and apologized for the size of the chicken fried steak. She told us the last shipment of meat had smaller steaks in it and she would split another one for us if we wanted her to......the little bit we had was about 5" x 6".

The iced tea was fresh and had a good flavor (ever notice how some iced tea tastes like tan colored water?).

All in all, not a bad meal for $5.95 plus the $1.25 tea.........worth the drive down there.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:21 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Going to have to check those places out... They look close enough to work...
(By the lousy maps I found on-line... Speaking of maps, does anyone out there have a link to a GOOD all inclusive map of OK?) I always have to use like 3 maps to find what I want.

Plus they seem to have the Goodpasture stamp of approval.

Thanks,

M.
I use street atlas by delorme. You should be able to get it pretty cheap on ebay.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Penguie, you are soooo welcome here. Your dad is a great guy and personaly I think you will like Oklahoma. I spoke with your dad on the phone and I am sure you'll like Oklahoma!
Thanks for making my girl feel welcome... (She's outdoors at the moment.)
She's heard a lot of good things about OK and the people here, and she's ready to check things out for herself.

(Do you think we should tell the folks how much I paid you to say those things about me?)

And yes, after talking to you, I'm almost positive that OK will be okay for us.
You're a good guy and a pleasure to talk to.

(So... Have you prepared your drive by cleaning it out and defragging yet?
Should you decide to do so, repartitioning the drive and moving the data will take a couple of hours... It's the slow and boring part.)
No pressure... Don't even consider doing anything until you're sure you're ready
and completely understand the slight risks involved.... I don't want to mess up my first Okie / Texan friend.

Thanks,

M.

P.S.
My daughter picked on me for signing my posts...
(Too bad! I am what I am!)

Old 12-02-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Had lunch at the Frontier House. The special was roast pork, which I decided against (we have 500+ pounds of pork in the freezer). So I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak. It was a nice piece of beef, hand breaded and fried the way it should be.....very good. I had french fries and mixed greens....the fries were the prepackaged seasoned kind, but were well done and obviously just been fried....not sitting around waiting under a lamp. The greens were your basic canned greens but were good from custom seasoning. The gravy was rich, creamy and home styled.....not prepackaged. The rolls were fresh baked and light as a feather.....and were VERY good. Only problem I had was the "Whipped Spread" served with them.

The lady that owns the place/cooks came out and apologized for the size of the chicken fried steak. She told us the last shipment of meat had smaller steaks in it and she would split another one for us if we wanted her to......the little bit we had was about 5" x 6".

The iced tea was fresh and had a good flavor (ever notice how some iced tea tastes like tan colored water?).

All in all, not a bad meal for $5.95 plus the $1.25 tea.........worth the drive down there.
Dang! You're making me hungry!

M.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I use street atlas by delorme. You should be able to get it pretty cheap on ebay.
An Open-Source (Linux-using) computer guy buy software???

Only as a last resort!
I'll just have to get a bit more serious.
(It's about time anyway!)

Thanks,

M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma