Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:33 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times

Advertisements

What a great day it was on Saturday! The weather was perfect, the crowds were big, and everyone had a great time.

We went to Wewoka early for the sausage & pancake breakfast, and to see the parade line up. The car show entrants were moving their cars in. Great cars!

Get in your places, everybody. It's almost time to start the parade!

First the cop cars go to get everyone off the street with their sirens.

The unmarked car.

Sheriff Department pickup.

Next go the fire department.

The honor guards fly the colors.

The Chickasaw honor guard.

The Pride of Wewoka marching band. They are in step and ready to play.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 06:57 AM

Now it is the tractors' turn.

Nice old Mack truck.

There is a big crowd down the street.

Ladies can drive tractors too.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,826,984 times
Great pictures!! I really wanted to try and make it up that way, but we were stuck at home waiting on 'company' that had to back out at the last minute...(found out Sunday afternoon. ) Can't wait to show the hubby all the cars!

Chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick! Mmmm!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Wow, thanks for the GREAT pictures Peggy. I love old tractors, and parades, and car shows, and great weather, and on and on and on. I would give you a rep but I must spread it around blah, blah, blah. The weather really was perfect Saturday wasn't it? I would have been up there but I had to stay home and recover from my procedure.

Thanks again for the great pictures and narration!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 AM

The sixth grade boys football team.

The Lima First Baptist Church was playing good gospel music.

Elmwood Manor Nursing Home float.

Nattily dressed gentleman.

Seminole County Commissioner's red dump truck. The kids are cleaning up on candy.

Spring Baptist Church girls.

Covered wagon float.

Get that candy. You can barely see the "cows" tied to the back of the covered wagon.

Seminole princesses.

Love that red car.

Sequoyah High School princess. Sequoyah High School is in Jessaka's town, Tahlequah.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:58 AM

Thanks guys. You really missed out on a great day, so plan to come next year.

Even more parade pictures.

The Sasakwa FD.

Systems of Care float.

Commercial Brick factory truck. If you want to get the most candy, watch the parade at the beginning of the route. They will run out before they get to the end.

Barking Water Head Start. Wewoka means barking water in the Muscogee language, or maybe laughing water, I have heard. Laughing water sounds too much like alcohol though.

B.A.C.A. Bikers Against Child Abuse. If they hear of someone abusing a child.......

Old 10-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Take a kid fishing and be nice to them. Then maybe you won't have to be visited by a motorcycle gang.

Scouts with ponies and carts.

A little train.

Give your dad some candy, boy.

The Red Hat Club.

4-wheeler made into horse pulling float. They are having a good time.

I listen to Planet 104.7 classic rock & roll.

She's stylin'.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:18 AM

Now, finally come the horses. I have never seen so many riding clubs in one parade. I used to ride in parades before I got so lazy, maybe there would be one other club there.

The first real riding club.

One of the best dressed riding clubs of the day. Notice the matching wraps of the legs of the horses.

Next club. The wind wasn't blowing much so I couldn't read their flags. I think they might be from Jay.

Pretty in pink.

He is proud of his son.

Club with light blue shirts.

Easy there, big fella!

A good turn out. When you have to stop in the parade, you are supposed to turn your horse to face the crowd, and your horse is supposed to stand still.

You don't have to be in a club to ride in the parade.

Wait! More horses are coming.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:36 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Wow, these are getting better and better. I love the horses. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. I didn't realize that Sorghum Days included clubs and riders from other towns like Sasakwa. Great stuff!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:17 AM

Bring your horse to the parade next year!

Riders with denim shirts and red bandannas.

Cowboy.

Listen to Dad.

Double saddle.

That's a big horse.

The Tri-City club. The Tri-City area is Seminole, Wewoka, and Holdenville. Wewoka is the hub of the Tri-City area. They look good in their yellow shirts and black pants.

Blue-eyed paint horse.

Black & silver.

End of the parade, and now we have to clean up the mess.

Now the cars can finish parking for the car show.

We are taking a train ride to see Barking Water Falls. That's the engineer and his crew.

Looking back down the track toward Wewoka Switch.

Here is the train with the one passenger car. You can sit on the hay bales or you can sit on the side boards.

You can walk down the path to see the falls. This is a crossing that has been in use for hundreds of years.

Barking Water falls.

Dang. My camera battery is dead. If you still want to see more photos of Wewoka, check this out:

**Wewoka's 2005 Sorghum Day festival and parade (http://www.flickr.com/photos/saintseminole/tags/2005wewokasorghumday/ - broken link).

by Saint Seminole's photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/saintseminole/ - broken link)

He is a really good photographer.

by
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma