Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2013, 02:36 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,605,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Do you mean that there are large groups of LGBT people trying to convert straight people?
To convert them to acceptance and approval? Or to silence? Absolutely.

Last edited by WesternPilgrim; 10-26-2013 at 02:57 AM..

Old 10-26-2013, 05:34 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I suppose it's a matter of degree. Here in CA, they're always "out and proud" and ready to punish anyone who resists. I once owned a business that was subject to LGBT vandalism and harassment. But I've been studying Oklahoma for a while - talking to people, reading the news, exploring the culture. I'm quite certain that, in most parts of OK, those who are afflicted with this particular moral disorder aren't as eager to shout it from the rooftops. Nor are the majority of Oklahomans, who believe homosexual behavior to be sinful, likely to suffer any social or legal sanctions due to their beliefs. That looks pretty good from here!
I don't think you will be happy here. OKC has openly Gay Pride decorations in their streets and most Okies would dislike you for your views.

You may be happier moving closer to Fred Phelps.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:37 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,265 times
Quote:
To convert them to acceptance and approval? Or to silence? Absolutely.
Are you kidding me?

Besides, why do other people's sexual orientation concern you so much? If you are so much against thr lifestyle don't participate in it.

I have some severe moral objections to people with your views. But if you were my neighbor I would ignore your lifestyle and whatever you do on your property.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:05 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
I don't think you will be happy here. OKC has openly Gay Pride decorations in their streets and most Okies would dislike you for your views.

You may be happier moving closer to Fred Phelps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Are you kidding me?

Besides, why do other people's sexual orientation concern you so much? If you are so much against thr lifestyle don't participate in it.

I have some severe moral objections to people with your views. But if you were my neighbor I would ignore your lifestyle and whatever you do on your property.
I don't think you know how silly that is. First, it's open in the streets. Then it's ignore what's on your property.

Which is it? In the streets or on private property.

Very confused.

This thread has gotten more attention than the actual event. The only one I've heard protesting it is some tribal councilwoman person.

As usual, nobody cares what the gay couple does. Just do it and shut up about it. It's not earth shattering, it's not revolutionary. Just go do it and be done with it!

Old 10-26-2013, 07:51 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
I suppose it's a matter of degree. Here in CA, they're always "out and proud" and ready to punish anyone who resists. I once owned a business that was subject to LGBT vandalism and harassment. But I've been studying Oklahoma for a while - talking to people, reading the news, exploring the culture. I'm quite certain that, in most parts of OK, those who are afflicted with this particular moral disorder aren't as eager to shout it from the rooftops. Nor are the majority of Oklahomans, who believe homosexual behavior to be sinful, likely to suffer any social or legal sanctions due to their beliefs. That looks pretty good from here!
I dont think there is anywhere on earth where you can run to escape what really bothers you about homosexuality.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:52 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't think you know how silly that is. First, it's open in the streets. Then it's ignore what's on your property.

Which is it? In the streets or on private property.

Very confused.

This thread has gotten more attention than the actual event. The only one I've heard protesting it is some tribal councilwoman person.

As usual, nobody cares what the gay couple does. Just do it and shut up about it. It's not earth shattering, it's not revolutionary. Just go do it and be done with it!
It seems you're the one who is confused. There was nothing silly at all about her comment.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:55 AM

80 posts, read 247,018 times
I saw repeated requests for a Bible verse that addresses same sex marriage. One reference from Matthew was mentioned. Here is a different one. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER. My response is not given in malice, but as an answer to a question.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition

Old 10-26-2013, 07:59 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trythis View Post
I saw repeated requests for a Bible verse that addresses same sex marriage. One reference from Matthew was mentioned. Here is a different one. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER. My response is not given in malice, but as an answer to a question.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Yes, but some of the laws in Leviticus also involve the trading and treatment of slaves, edicts against eating shellfish and wearing clothes with blended fabrics, and executing children who dishonor their parents.

Why do people ignore these and still rail against homosexuality? Pretty hypocritical.

We don't know that Jesus said a word about it, but he said a lot about not judging others and forgiveness and acceptance.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:38 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:
Unless Oklahoma's Indian tribes live in self-contained bubbles and never mingle with their neighbors, what they believe, say, and do has an effect on all Oklahomans. All residents of your state should be very concerned.
My god, do you even live in Oklahoma?

Just because gay marriage is against your beliefs, doesn't mean it should be against the law for everyone else in the country. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Quote:
Besides, "sovereignty" is never absolute for any nation. Just ask Americans who live in border states. How's that U.S. sovereignty working out for them?
Border states??!! LOL! You are so funny. You are off topic again. The topic has nothing to do with border states and their illegals.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:46 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trythis View Post

Don't forget the bible verse for God Hates Foreskins too. Maybe the couple who got married do not wish to conform to judeo-christian beliefs.

We were talking about this bible stuff on another forum. As a native, I could care less about a heaven with streets of gold. Gold is not a priority to me. And the jewish version of what constitutes heaven is culturally significant for them. Not me. So the same goes for the scriptures that refelct a jewish culture 2000 + years ago.

The problem is some people have their panties in a scrunch because everyone is not forced to conform to their beliefs. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma