Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 06:38 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times

Advertisements

Hope we aren't straying too far off topic, so smite me if I answer this one real quick!!

The state of Oklahoma employess usually wait for our blessed GOV to determine that all non-essential staff are not required to work. Usually it is on the news stream with all the school closings.

Thankfully, I am non-essential, but I remember the days when I was essential like back in Feb.2001. I scraped my windshield for 30 minutes. It was horrible. My friends lost power for weeks on that storm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 07:35 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
Once when it snowed I drove in to my office, and I was the only one who showed up.

People who work in hospitals, prisons, nursing homes would have to show up. Police, fire, and EMTs have to show up. All the other people should stay home.

It is hard to tell in advance just how bad conditions will be. I remember lots of times when the forecast was terrible, and nothing happened.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 AM

708 posts, read 688,293 times
hUey guys! How is everyone doing? Our power has been flickering on and off for the past hour. You know we were on the news? One thing to say, stay warm!!!!!!

Also I'm a little late on this but mr rogers creeps me out!!!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:11 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Once when it snowed I drove in to my office, and I was the only one who showed up.

People who work in hospitals, prisons, nursing homes would have to show up. Police, fire, and EMTs have to show up. All the other people should stay home.

It is hard to tell in advance just how bad conditions will be. I remember lots of times when the forecast was terrible, and nothing happened.
Mind if I add the Public Works/Utilities people to that list? Most folks are kinda partial to having Running (and Draining) water, Electricity, and Roads they can (almost) drive on.
Plus I am a little attached to one of them.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:20 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
Don't know how I forget about our utility heroes. There have been times when my heart was filled with joy to see the electric company truck pull up. Those guys work all night in all kinds of conditions.

Slide Show

I posted this in another thread, but it shows all the real men out there trying to restore Norman to normalcy.

Cali, if you all get too cold go to a shelter or over to the University. OU still has power, I hear.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
hUey guys! How is everyone doing? Our power has been flickering on and off for the past hour. You know we were on the news? One thing to say, stay warm!!!!!!

Also I'm a little late on this but mr rogers creeps me out!!!!!
Cali_Okie_Girl you stay safe and warm yourself. And yes, mr rogers is a little creepy.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:27 AM

708 posts, read 688,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Cali_Okie_Girl you stay safe and warm yourself. And yes, mr rogers is a little creepy.
ya back at you....haha i used to like his show when i was little but now...ekkk little weird haha

Deadly US winter storm ices up presidential campaign - Yahoo! News (broken link)
go to that site...it talks about the ice storm..it says 1 person froze to death this is awful...im thankful my family is ok

thankful right now its above freezing were at 36 hopefully it rises and the ice starts melting....the only thing good about this is that i have no school

we still have no internt im on my itouch as i said before in my previous posts.

AS I KEEP SAYING KEEP WARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rumble rumble outside!!!

i'd just like to say its 36 outside...everybody is praying that it atleast hits 40..the low is 28 and the high is 40 so we just hope it hits 40!

Last edited by Cali_Okie_Girl; 12-11-2007 at 12:57 PM..

Old 12-11-2007, 01:21 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
ya back at you....haha i used to like his show when i was little but now...ekkk little weird haha

Deadly US winter storm ices up presidential campaign - Yahoo! News (broken link)
go to that site...it talks about the ice storm..it says 1 person froze to death this is awful...im thankful my family is ok

thankful right now its above freezing were at 36 hopefully it rises and the ice starts melting....the only thing good about this is that i have no school

we still have no internt im on my itouch as i said before in my previous posts.

AS I KEEP SAYING KEEP WARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rumble rumble outside!!!

i'd just like to say its 36 outside...everybody is praying that it atleast hits 40..the low is 28 and the high is 40 so we just hope it hits 40!
Ah, so your power went out and now you're seeing why ice storms are bad. Hate to say I told you so

All the roads are wet this afternoon so it's perfectly safe for everyone to get out if they need to.

F.Y.I. Fellow Okies, models are indicating a snow storm coming in for Friday night into Saturday. Let's just get this mess out of the way first. A snowstorm will be a piece of cake after this!

Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
I bet Cali_Okie girl will like the snow much better than the ice.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:56 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,403,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I bet Cali_Okie girl will like the snow much better than the ice.
I bet your daughter would like the ice a LOT better than the snow!

M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma