U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:44 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,256,878 times

Advertisements

Wow!

I think that question killed this thread.

I'm kind of surprised, considering the new immigration laws that passed there.

M.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 08:06 AM

11,884 posts, read 35,593,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Wow!

I think that question killed this thread.

I'm kind of surprised, considering the new immigration laws that passed there.

M.
It's not a thread killer. Most folks in Oklahoma want the rule of law followed..

Old 12-12-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
It's not a thread killer. Most folks in Oklahoma want the rule of law followed..
I believe you, but why did it die there?
No one cared enough to agree OR disagree?...

While flames are discouraged, lively debate shouldn't be...

M.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:16 PM

11,884 posts, read 35,593,958 times
Sometimes threads just stop for awhile; people's interests change. I've sometimes thought that I should change my subtitle to "Thread Killer" because I'll respond to a post and it dies right there. It's nothing at all, just people moving around to other threads, interests wane and fade for awhile and then they come right back. If you're really into immigration debate you should go to the Immigration forum but be forewarned, it's hostile. I'm a moderator there and it gets mighty testy.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 18,505,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Sometimes threads just stop for awhile; people's interests change. I've sometimes thought that I should change my subtitle to "Thread Killer" because I'll respond to a post and it dies right there. It's nothing at all, just people moving around to other threads, interests wane and fade for awhile and then they come right back. If you're really into immigration debate you should go to the Immigration forum but be forewarned, it's hostile. I'm a moderator there and it gets mighty testy.
I agree there. It does seem that people can be tripped real easy here.
Myself, I am an Anti-"illegal" Immigation Activist. (parenthises 's around illegal).
There are official immigration forums.like www.alipac.us.
I have notice since I moved here that poeple kind of hold it under their breath.
If you really want to know the difference between OK. and Ca., picture in your mind that the ethnicity here is reversed. No aggsageration.
no more said.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:41 AM

We're paying a heavy price due to all the illegals, it would be nice if even the current laws were being enforced.

That said, I don't know that I'd want to hang out on a thread and debate about it all day.

M.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 AM

5,003 posts, read 14,844,354 times
I wouldn't want to deal with theads on immigration. That must take a long time to moderate Synopsis.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:40 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,226,643 times
I just feel that I have argued enough about illegal immigration. Now it is time to wait and see what happens with the new law we have. For another thing, I don't live in an area that has illegal immigrants. I have never seen any people who are probably illegal immigrants at Home Depot or Lowes looking for work, like I hear happens elsewhere. I have seen a lot of Hispanics in OKC, but they are always working.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:52 PM

593 posts, read 1,716,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisan View Post
Back to the idea of moving to Oklahoma. I think it's a great idea for others to move here! After all, unless you're native american, we are all "transplants" to some degree. (whether it be first or tenth generation) So for that reason, I think it's a bad idea for us lifetime okies to get our feathers ruffled when someone moves in down the road and buys that 80 acres we've had our eye on for years (expecting to pay reasonable prices for it and seeing it sell for way above market price).

If someone wants to sell their California one-acre ranch and come here with their proceeds and purchase a one-hundred acre farm that's fine by me. What is not fine by me; however, is to bring the "california tree-hugging" mentality with them. If someone comes from another state or geographic area to become an "okie", they need to accept the dead cars on blocks in my front yard when they get here.

Once again, I'll restate it. I think this is the best possible place in the world to raise my family and I'm glad others choose to do so. Just let me live the way I was living before you moved here and don't expect me to become something you used to be.
Please get that car off the blocks and out of my view. I'll be moving there next year and don't want to start calling code enforcement and report new neighbors about their junkers before I have a chance to unpack my drugs and weapons..

Look out, here we come!

Old 12-14-2007, 03:55 PM

13,387 posts, read 18,505,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
Please get that car off the blocks and out of my view. I'll be moving there next year and don't want to start calling code enforcement and report new neighbors about their junkers before I have a chance to unload my drugs and weapons..
LOL. Code Enforcement?? You must be coming from Ca. or out west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma