Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 04:57 PM

593 posts, read 1,788,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
LOL. Code Enforcement?? You must be coming from Ca. or out west.
Yes...They better lock their doors, I'm for So. Cal...the worst!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 06:27 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,305,093 times
Well, it isn't bad being from So. CA. I lived there before moving here. I don't have much good to say about CA thought. But we don't have code inforcement here. Better pick your neighbors well.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:57 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,390,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Better pick your neighbors well.
Even when you do get lucky and have good neighbors, people die or move away...
That's when you end up with "The Neighbors From H*ll".

M.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:59 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,584,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post

M.
Don't you hope that if you sell your house, "The Neighbors From H*ll Part 2" buy it, and drive your neighbors now crazy?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:15 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
Yes...They better lock their doors, I'm for So. Cal...the worst!
My point was, I don't even know it they have or what is used inplace of "Code Enforcement" here.

Like California has so many different Govermental Departments with each having so many different Divisions, and yet, some of them still contract out.

Like CalTrans.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post

M.
Another thing to watch out for out there.
And I've watched this happen many time:

If you put your property up for sale and move out, if it's not sold right away, Illegals will move in and claim "Squatters rights".

I lived at one address in Ca. for 26yrs, and I've seen it happen next to me and across from me, and it's harder than h*ll to get them out.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:43 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,495,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I like new people coming in to experience Oklahoma as I have, but at the same time I don't like the large houses being built. They are doing the same in Calfornia and have been for years. And I hate to see farm land turning into tract homes.

I think the economy here is bad enough to prevent too many people from coming. I think most people that come here are retirees, but I could be wrong. I read that 4,000 people a week are moving to the coastal lareas, and I can't imagine that many people moving here in a year, but what do I know?

I think our bad reputation of being "Okies" in a negative sense keep many from moving here. I know when I grew up and lived in CA being from Oklahoma or Arkansas was negative, as if you were not smart and were dirt poor. I can hear my mom saying when I was young, "You look like a dumb Okie." And yet, some in her family were from here. I wonder what she would say if she were alive today, knowing that I live in Oklahoma? When I told people where we were moving, they gasped. This is a good thing. It may slow down growth.
I hope Oklahoma does not become crowded like some parts off Texas, it is really beautiful in areas up there. California still thinks this way about people in the midwest, maybe they are jealous because the men here are manly and the women prettier!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Don't you hope that if you sell your house, "The Neighbors From H*ll Part 2" buy it, and drive your neighbors now crazy?
I hope to sell my house to a family of 17 illegal aliens who want to run a pig farm and have loud parties every night.

Thanks for asking.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:

If you put your property up for sale and move out, if it's not sold right away, Illegals will move in and claim "Squatters rights".

I lived at one address in Ca. for 26yrs, and I've seen it happen next to me and across from me, and it's harder than h*ll to get them out.
That doesn't happen up here, but if I thought it would...

Old 12-16-2007, 07:20 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,804,890 times
Quote:

How could anybody purposefully move into a home that is owned by someone else and claim squatters rights? And why would it be so hard to evict them, they are there illegally? If I ever saw this happen or had it happen to me and the law wouldn't do anything about it I think I'd have to take the law into my own hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma