Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 02:30 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times

Advertisements

Somebody dumped a doberman pincher. A female adult. Looks AKC. She is very friendly and starving. I can't believe how many dogs get dumped on our road.

Hopefully someone will put in a search and maybe this post will show up on google.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:13 PM

4,343 posts, read 3,556,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
It's getting warmer, but it annoys me when the southern half of Alaska is warmer than it is here!
It just isn't fair.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:54 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Somebody dumped a doberman pincher. A female adult. Looks AKC. She is very friendly and starving. I can't believe how many dogs get dumped on our road.

Hopefully someone will put in a search and maybe this post will show up on google.
I'm with you!!! It makes me sick when someone abuses or abandons an animal.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:12 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

I hope you find a good home for her, Redbird.

The cat population around here has gotten so out of hand from the city people dumping them off. That I just had to take upon myself to do something about it. I started catching them in a humane box trap and relocating them back into town. I quit counting after 16 plus, atleast they want get run over by a speeding car or tractor-trailor.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I hope you find a good home for her, Redbird.

The cat population around here has gotten so out of hand from the city people dumping them off. That I just had to take upon myself to do something about it. I started catching them in a humane box trap and relocating them back into town. I quit counting after 16 plus, atleast they want get run over by a speeding car or tractor-trailor.
We could send you some coyotes........that will take care of most the cats......

Old 01-23-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
We could send you some coyotes........that will take care of most the cats......
We have plenty of those around here (coyotes), we hear them from time to time. I love cats, we have three of our own that stay in the house. But once and a while we'll see a stray cat or dog thats been dumped off by an idiot owner. And it just want to make you put a 2x4 upside thier thick heads. Like the ones that dropped that Dobbi off by Redbirds home, those are some beautiful animals.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:06 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,320,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Not just coyotes. Back in AK, there never were very many feral cats, there were too many foxes, weasels, hawks, and eagles. Lunch on the hoof, so to speak. Same thing happened to small dogs that people let out unattended - even that doesn't keep eagles away, though.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Not just coyotes. Back in AK, there never were very many feral cats, there were too many foxes, weasels, hawks, and eagles. Lunch on the hoof, so to speak. Same thing happened to small dogs that people let out unattended - even that doesn't keep eagles away, though.
Well they need to eat too, don't they karibear?

Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,320,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Well they need to eat too, don't they karibear?
Yeah, but I'd rather they ate fish or critters I don't personally know. I gave up on cats when we had a roomer that left the front door open and my cat wandered out. That wouldn't normally be a big deal, except there were 4 juvenile bald eagles roosting in a tree across the street. And the eagle grabbing the dog thing happened along the northern Alcan somewhere, a tourist took her little Fifi for a walk at a gas stop, and an eagle swooped down and carried it away - yanked the leash right out of her hand. That's one of the reasons I prefer big dogs. They cost more to feed, but you don't have to worry so much about them becoming lunch for something else.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but I'd rather they ate fish or critters I don't personally know. I gave up on cats when we had a roomer that left the front door open and my cat wandered out. That wouldn't normally be a big deal, except there were 4 juvenile bald eagles roosting in a tree across the street. And the eagle grabbing the dog thing happened along the northern Alcan somewhere, a tourist took her little Fifi for a walk at a gas stop, and an eagle swooped down and carried it away - yanked the leash right out of her hand. That's one of the reasons I prefer big dogs. They cost more to feed, but you don't have to worry so much about them becoming lunch for something else.
The bad thing about this is, someone is going to start crying to the state that they want "Caution! Eagles may eat your pup" signs all over the state. Just because some yuppie doesn't think that it will happen to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma