Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 05:19 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times

Advertisements

I am so happy for Don and for you Redbird. I know that numb feeling. Merry Christmas!!!

Old 12-28-2007, 05:44 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Nothing like a bunch of old folks talking about their health issues!

Today is the last day, hopefully, for our med appts. That is where we go today. To have the latest cat scan read.

Maybe we need an old codgers thread.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:49 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
I think for now we have one.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:41 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Speaking of health issues, I had one Christmas Eve. I was going to do some shopping at Khols and after I got about 100 feet or so inside the store, my left leg began to hurt something terrible. It was as if I had been doing leg exercises; you know, the ones where you lay on your side and raise your leg as high as it can get (and repeat until it burns)? The pain felt just like that and before too long I had to leave the store and return home. I could hardly get past the pain of pushing down the clutch with my left leg. As soon as I got home, the pain resided but it's still that way today if I try and walk very far. This has been a problem that has gotten steadily worse over the last eight months. It starts in my lower back and runs around the side and front of my upper thigh.

I will be seeing the doctor after the first of the year. Getting older sucks!

Old 12-28-2007, 09:06 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Synopsis, good luck with your appointment. I'm looking into my crystal ball seeing a herniated L4-5.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:10 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I will be seeing the doctor after the first of the year. Getting older sucks!
It beats the alternative!

Old 12-28-2007, 09:40 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Synopsis, good luck with your appointment. I'm looking into my crystal ball seeing a herniated L4-5.
Thanks for the medical observation Jammie, and thanks for the well-wishes. And Colleen, you are right, it beats the heck out of the alternative!

Old 12-28-2007, 10:11 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
How is your recovery going, Jammie?

Old 12-28-2007, 10:53 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Back in the 90's, I woke up one morning with the feeling of a pinched nerve in my right shoulder blade. With my type of work I've had this before so I didn't pay much attention to it.
It went on for about a week and then the muscles in my right arm started to atrify. Being right handed, before I knew it I was controling my right arm movments with my left hand.
Finally I went to my Doctor and found out that the pinched nerve was in my neck. I ended up having neck surgery to remove 2 vertibea's.

Now if I turn my head too far I'll hit my chin on my shoulder. (just kidding) but the rest is no joke.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:46 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
How is your recovery going, Jammie?
Mk, I just can't believe all the people I've been reading about who've had neck surgery. I had it done nine years ago this month. I had two herniated discs and one protrusion so they fixed the two herniations. Isn't that shooting down the arm feeling unreal?

Peggy, thank you for asking. I'm doing pretty well now. I ran into a problem cause generally they give me meds if I'm sick or have surgery and I can't end up taking them. I get so dizzy, headachey, hurley, etc. So as usual, I got frustrated and threw them in the back of the cupboard. SO, I got inflammation in my left leg, where my pain was to begin with. I was terrified that we'd fixed the wrong thing and I'd need another surgery. We spent half of Christmas Day in the emergency room and the following day we saw our family Dr. He contacted the neurosurgeon and they finally figured out that I was naughty and not taking my meds. They were nice about it though and told me I've got to stop selling them on ebay. So between our family Dr. and the pharmacist, I think things will be ok. They said I won't be a pest and I can keep calling them if I have problems with meds. I have a pill to melt on my tongue for dizziness and motion and one to melt on my tongue for nausea~each before I take a single pill. If I can continue choking them down, I can be done with meds by Monday. I feel like such a baby, but I've always had so many problems when I took drugs that it just wasn't worth the hassle. My Dr. knew I hated drugs, but didn't know that I've never finished a single prescription he's given me. At least they're trying to help me with taking meds.

Anyway, I had started walking at the old mall and was up and moving pretty well and now I have to start over. I went in to this surgery drug free and in pretty good shape~I jog 45 min. per day and try to stay active. Well, now I will be down to walking only, but it's ok. At least I'm getting up and moving again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma