Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:57 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times

Advertisements

Hi liem

You can always chat with us over your cup of coffee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 06:57 AM

22 posts, read 110,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Hi liem

You can always chat with us over your cup of coffee!
yea, I guess I'll probably check in here more often.
I'm sittin here this morning with cup in hand

Old 12-08-2007, 07:56 AM

I had to give up coffee because it has too much caffeine. Now I am drinking my green tea.

It's a foggy Saturday morning. Makes me feel lazy.

Does your daughter still do skating?

Old 12-14-2007, 04:51 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,142 times
Bless your heart! It's the holidays and that's enough to make all of feeling lonely, even if we have people in the room with us. Hang in there, it takes a long time to get acclimated to a new town. I've lived in my town for 25 years and I still have desires to move back to the town my son was born in..

We're looking at moving back that way too next year if my husband can't find employment here in Cali. But, Cali isn't the same state I grew up in. I'm 53 and I can't believe all the changes here. My hometown is 99% Hispanic according to this website! English is becoming the second language here. What would I move back to? I'm afraid all I have are great memories of what it used to be like.

Once you start making new friends you'll feel like there's a place for you there. Give it a few years first..Who knows, maybe your family will join you someday.

Have a Merry Christmas! God bless!

Old 12-14-2007, 05:18 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
I agree with the above. Honeybee, I think you'll like it there once you become more settled in, but that's just my opinion. I know these ice storms must give you opinions otherwise. Wherever you end up I only hope that you are.... happy.
God Bless

Old 12-15-2007, 09:29 PM

99 posts, read 504,187 times
Default Thank you all for your kind words

I just wanted to check in to let you know I'm doing alot better got all my home decorated now and tree up and it is all beautiful changed my whole mood I'm missing home but I'm just glad I have my health and we got thru that Ice Strom we where without power for 3 days it was very cold and I don't think I could have went much longer like that My daughter and her hubby just got power back last night so were all warmer now Thank God .I lost all my tree's in our back yard there wiped out! split down the center . But were all ok and safe .I hope we can get thru the winter without any more Ice Stroms .Snow would be nice we got alittle today but it is already almost all melted . I talk to my family weekly in Cali. and just mailed all my gifts off . I hope it gets easier as the time passes . Again thanks to all those who responded and those who feel the same way I do perhaps we could become email buddys we could even meet for coffee sometime I Love Starbucks I have alot of pics from Ice Strom I took of my home but don't know how to post them

Last edited by Honeybee; 11-23-2008 at 05:00 PM..

Old 12-16-2007, 04:37 AM

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better honeybee. It sad that you lost all your trees. Since I don't live in the area I can't hook up with you at starbucks but I'm sure many people on here could!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:47 AM

99 posts, read 504,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'm so glad to hear you are doing better honeybee. It sad that you lost all your trees. Since I don't live in the area I can't hook up with you at starbucks but I'm sure many people on here could!
Thank you It snowed more last night so it looks very white and pretty outside .I need to know how to post pics can you help me ?

Old 12-16-2007, 08:02 AM

You need to upload your photos to a hosting service, such as www.flickr.com (broken link) or www.photobucket.com (they are free).

Once you have your pictures uploaded. Just click on the image you'd like to post here to get the image to maximum size and (depending on your web browser) right click on the image and select "Copy image location" or something like that. It's probably different in Internet Explorer and I use Firefox (it's free and a much better web browser than Internet Exploder).

You now have copied the url of the image to your computer's clipboard (memory).

Then, start your own thread or reply to a thread in city-data. See the little icon above the message reply field? The second to last one on the right? Click on that and you'll be promped to insert the url of your image. Delete everything that's already in there (the htttp nonsense) and then press CTRL-V (paste) on your keyboard.

Then, just click on OK and then post quick reply and your image will be in the thread!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:03 AM

Too bad about your trees Honeybee. I love trees and I am sad when they die, or get killed. In your picture that you posted they look like ornamental pear trees. They are notorious for not standing up to wind or ice. I would suggest planting a pecan tree in the spring. They grow pretty fast and are much stronger. They do have a lot of sticks that fall down, making it hard to mow, but they make nice shade trees.

I'm glad you are feeling more cheerful these days, and that you have your electricity back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma