Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:58 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times

Advertisements

I know, I know, it's Hee-Haw but I grew up on this stuff. Didn't appreciate it at all then, but now that I look back it was such a well done show.

I guess I'm getting old but this is just good, old-fashioned comedy at its best. Call me an old codger if you will. Be sure and watch the whole thing; the line-up of stars (many who are now gone) is quite impressive.

Enjoy everyone. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqnm3A10m8I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,757,219 times
I watched Hee-Haw with my great grandmother all the time when I was young. Johnny Cash...That was a classic!!

Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 PM

633 posts, read 2,541,154 times
Thanks for the memories!

I remember as a young girl my grandpa would watch it every night and then grandma would watch Lawrence Welk. One of my fondest memories of my grandpa would be when he would ask me if I had been drinking muddy water. And I said no, why? And he said cause I can't see through you, lol

I always would stand in front of the tv and he couldn't see HeeHaw, lol

Good memories

Old 12-12-2007, 10:49 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
I remember watching Red Skelton with my dad when I was about 3 years old. Yeah, brings back memories.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:49 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,372,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksweetie View Post
Thanks for the memories!

I remember as a young girl my grandpa would watch it every night and then grandma would watch Lawrence Welk. One of my fondest memories of my grandpa would be when he would ask me if I had been drinking muddy water. And I said no, why? And he said cause I can't see through you, lol

I always would stand in front of the tv and he couldn't see HeeHaw, lol

Good memories
Thats funny. I haven't heard that one. I never watched Hee Haw. After church on Sunday night, it seems like we always watched Bonanza.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:29 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,139,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I remember watching Red Skelton with my dad when I was about 3 years old. Yeah, brings back memories.
I loved watching Hee Haw as a child and The Red Skelton Show as well. I remember that I couldn't wait until the next show the following week .
I always thought the girls in Hee Haw (in short shorts) were real hot. Ok, I was just a boy who's glands were getting in the way like thousands of others my age, so shoot me .

And my favorite Red Skelton characters were Freddie the Freeloader and Clem the Cadidlehopper.

Now there is a flood of childhood memories.

And if we would get in our Dad's way while watching iether show he would tell us, (move! you're not made of glass, so I can't see through your a$$). Or, as our Mom would say, (You'd make a better door than you'd make a window, please move).

Old 12-13-2007, 06:11 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I loved watching Hee Haw as a child and The Red Skelton Show as well. I remember that I couldn't wait until the next show the following week .
I always thought the girls in Hee Haw (in short shorts) were real hot. Ok, I was just a boy who's glands were getting in the way like thousands of others my age, so shoot me .

And my favorite Red Skelton characters were Freddie the Freeloader and Clem the Cadidlehopper.

Now there is a flood of childhood memories.

And if we would get in our Dad's way while watching iether show he would tell us, (move! you're not made of glass, so I can't see through your a$$). Or, as our Mom would say, (You'd make a better door than you'd make a window, please move).
Red Skelton was one of the best showmen there ever was. He is sorely missed these days. Has anyone ever heard the rendition he did of The Pledge of Allegiance? See the link below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfz2XDXaeqc

Old 12-14-2007, 07:18 AM

402 posts, read 1,060,956 times
Thanks for the memories, I love Red Skelton and Roy Clark was my favorite on Hee Haw. You Tube is a good thing, I love the old favorites I can find there.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:34 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,522 times
My favorite part of Hee Haw was when the girls were together washing clothes, and they would sing a little song that ended "You'll never hear any of us repeating gossip, so you'd better be sure and listen close the first time" Hee hee

Old 12-14-2007, 08:32 AM

169 posts, read 580,340 times
We used to watch Hee Haw when I was a kid. I remember lying on the floor at our neighbors house with our feet propped up on the wood surround of the fireplace & watching the animated pigs doing the can-can across the bottom of the TV screen. Now that was high-tec back then!

Occasionally if my Dad wasn't home, my Mother would switch it to Lawrence Welk . She loved big band music.

We all loved Red Skelton in our house. I can still see the twinkle in his eye...

Those are nice memories. Most of the time we watched these shows as a family. We weren't split up in to different parts of the house doing different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma