Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 AM

374 posts, read 806,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, I'm not that same person. Watch the news this Friday to see if you're wrong about how Oklahomans feel about the need for med. marijuana. At any rate, there has been a record number of new voter registrations for the past several months. It reflects how Oklahomans want to be eligible to vote on med. marijuana in case it makes it to the ballot in Nov. I've been on the front lines of the petition drive and have come to know how positive people feel on this issue.
Yeah yeah. You are just another hopeless liberal in a a sea of red fantasizing about a utopia you can't have. You are too afraid to move to a state like Washington or Colorado and think a petition is major progress.

This is not an appropriate topic for this forum IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 08:22 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspecial View Post
This thread has no business on this forum. Potheads need to find a drug advocate forum.
Quote:
This is not an appropriate topic for this forum IMO
This is a discussion about an issue that may come up for a vote in our state. Do you think this forum should be devoid of any political discussion or is it just this specific topic that gets your goat?

We can know that a person has no logical approach to the discussion or rational or substantive argument to make on the subject when they dismiss anyone who may endorse the idea of marijuana being made available to people with legitimate medical reasons to use it as "potheads."

Particularly when several people supporting this, including myself, have clearly stated they aren't even smokers.

But then, I guess there are still plenty of people (such as yourself) who are very invested in and welcoming of a huge, Big Government, authoritarian nanny-state where the Powers That Be get to micro-manage the personal affairs and activites of private citizens.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Yeah yeah. You are just another hopeless liberal...
An actual conservative would never, never ever support the government having the power to enact prohibition against something like weed.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people claiming to be "conservatives" in this nation are, in reality, neo-con authoritarian Big Gov't nanny-state cheerleaders.

The precise opposite of what conservativism truly is and of the principles it represents.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:01 AM

374 posts, read 806,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
An actual conservative would never, never ever support the government having the power to enact prohibition against something like weed.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people claiming to be "conservatives" in this nation are, in reality, neo-con authoritarian Big Gov't nanny-state cheerleaders.

The precise opposite of what conservativism truly is and of the principles it represents.
You might make better arguments and better decisions if you abstained from pot for a while. Find a more suitable forum.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
You might make better arguments and better decisions if you abstained from pot for a while. Find a more suitable forum.
Fortunately, you are not the arbiter of what is acceptable discussion here.

You are a one trick pony, and it's a sad, old, tired trick.

Personally I don't think you even believe the things you say but rather want to portray some outmoded notion of a backwards hayseed Okie stereotype, in which case, good job!

At any rate, I notice you (again) fail to even attempt to rebut anything I said or address any of my points. Nice job of evasion. But it is obvious to everyone here that you have nothing to contribute and no grounding on which to state any case. That does make you worth a chuckle every so often, and that's about it. Mostly it's tedious.

You also seem to suffer an extreme deficit in reading comprehension. I haven't smoked pot in 20 years, don't miss it and don't care, except that I happen to believe people should be free to make their own decisions without the Huge Government Nanny-State Authoritarians you wish and hope for making our decisions for us and wasting money on legislation and incarceration on an issue in which clearly all the money spent on legislation and incarceration have been nothing but a waste.

Sort of like your posts here.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:

You nailed it.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
So everyone who doesn't agree with you smokes pot?

Old 08-13-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
Good god...

Did they teach you what the words 'specious argument' mean in the community college police academy?

Because the entire prohibitionists narrative could be used as the dictionary example of that.
Oh, well, notmeofficer just keeps coming on strong making a good case as to why marijuana should be legalized. I've never heard of anything like feces found in something legal, like cigarettes.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:

Particularly when several people supporting this, including myself, have clearly stated they aren't even smokers.
That includes me, in case I haven't made it clear. And should I feel goofy enough to get high, I just have to breathe real deep and fast for 30 seconds, or so. But I hope religious right Republicans don't make doing that a felony.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
This is inappropriate for a family forum. It has nothing to do with our state and makes this whole forum look trashy.

Your talking points are false, it will not happen in Oklahoma and it is time to accept that.
So, I gather johnspecial you quite strongly feel that sick people with difficult diseases in which medical marijuana may be able to treat better than conventional drugs, including little children with epilepsy, should be regarded as freaks or aliens. They are not anything like us. Therefore, they should kindly deport themselves from the state of Oklahoma. Did I really hit the nail with the hammer with you on that?

By the way, Gov. Fallin, in a big surprise move, announced her support for trial use of a marijuana ingredient to help some sick children, such as those with epilepsy. Aren't you gravely alarmed this Republican led move will be a stepping stone of support, ultimately leading to full legalization of rec marijuana in Oklahoma, like in Colorado?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma