Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 12:02 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times

Advertisements

"I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker . . . "

*and I ain't got no d*** lovin' at all (on the run or otherwise) cause the wife is cold-sholderin'*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 04:34 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Should oklahoma citizens pay for dope for welfare leeches

Think it can't happen ?

Currently there is no violation of federal law for drug users to use their ebt welfare benefits cards to buy dope...

You cannot buy alcohol or cigarettes... but dope isn't banned ... and as we have seen in Colorado and Washington druggies are spending your tax dollars to get high...

Is there any wonder what a scam and debacle unfettered drug use created in our world

Send the politicians a message... vote against this scourge on society....put rules in place so that we can address the sickness of people who want to escape reality... and even worse... expect the rest of us to enable them.

Tell everyone... no welfare cards for buying drugs to get high.... at some point taxpayers have to demand ...enough of this nonsense

Do not enable the drug hucksters in this thread and our society

Old 09-10-2014, 09:25 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Think it can't happen ?

Currently there is no violation of federal law for drug users to use their ebt welfare benefits cards to buy dope...

You cannot buy alcohol or cigarettes... but dope isn't banned ... and as we have seen in Colorado and Washington druggies are spending your tax dollars to get high...

Is there any wonder what a scam and debacle unfettered drug use created in our world

Send the politicians a message... vote against this scourge on society....put rules in place so that we can address the sickness of people who want to escape reality... and even worse... expect the rest of us to enable them.

Tell everyone... no welfare cards for buying drugs to get high.... at some point taxpayers have to demand ...enough of this nonsense

God bless you. I bet you haven't known much in the way of pain and sickness, and so can't relate to the medical care some people need.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:52 PM

93 posts, read 179,424 times
Who is advocating that the government buy people free weed to get high for fun? Even if some unanticipated loophole like this comes up, the solution is fixing it, not tossing the baby out with the bathwater. people use EBT cards to buy soda too. want to ban soda? LOL no new york tried that and folks rightly lambasted him for the intrusion into people's lives.

maybe the medical version should be covered akin to how we cover things like prescription pain pills and such today, (which also get abused) but free weed for fun with your tax dollars? LOL I'm sure you can find folks for that but most folks pushing for legalization aren't asking for that. they are asking for the government to mind its own business. you know like how conservatives pretend they want?

let's boil it down because I've yet to see anybody answer this legitimately.

explain why marijuana should send folks to prison, but not alcohol and cigarettes?

and why is it okay to recommend painkillers that can get you hooked but not okay to recommend even medical extracts from cannabis when a doctor thinks that's what's needed?

Old 09-10-2014, 08:43 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,735 times
Quote:

Think it can't happen ?

Reminds me of the intro to Rob Zombie's Sinister Urge: [cue creepy, backwater Bible-thumper] "Sin! Sin! Sin! You're allllllll SINNERS! You're all going to a painful, everlasting, FIERY HELL!"

Seriously. Does your side just lack utter common sense? There is no violation in federal law because medical marijuana hasn't really been touched at the federal level. Why would there be one?

If people there can and do buy pot from a dispensary, then it's up to those states to tie up that loophole. You know, like how US corporations are continuing operations here, but on paper are headquartered in other countries to get out of paying taxes? Or how Roe vs. Wade has made opponents of abortion get creative to make abortion illegal in their respective states though the Supreme Court made it legal decades ago? Loopholes!

I can think of worse things than drugs that were a scourge on the Earth. Christianity sure had a field day for a few centuries in Europe, what with people being tortured for heresy, going off to die in the Crusades and immense restrictions put on human liberties. AND, they did all that with the falsehood of Christianity, not drugs. Say... you're all high and mighty about taxpayers saying ENOUGH! Why don't you take a stand against the disastrous effect Christianity has on this country? As an atheist, I'm tired of your holiday being forced on me (and the lost production because of it), I'm tired of living under your moral code that has seeped into the law, I'm tired of seeing public officials swearing on a useless book I find to be a waste of a forest... Actually a lot of the negative things you say about marijuana I could apply to religion. Verbatim: vote against this scourge on society (Check!)....put rules in place so that we can address the sickness of people who want to escape reality (Check! Come on. People really believe that nonsense?)... and even worse... expect the rest of us to enable them (Check! Check! Check!)

Probably (by which I mean certainly) lost on you, but you're so self-righteous and selfish you can't see anyone else's perspective and the harm that things you think are good for society actually do to people.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:28 AM

Fortunately yesterday Jeff Sessions is introducing legislation to close this loophole... making marijuana a prohibited purchase like alcohol and tobacco.

Legitimate medical use where there is a scintilla of medical evidence that mj can help some condition is a very low percent... in single digits...
Face it... the rest of you just want to get high and have the rest of us pay for your "sickness"

Matijuana hasn't gone through the ten year fda study... if and when it does... the actual uses will be very narrow.

Do I care if you smoke your brains out...not really...if it doesn't impact others negatively... unfortunately I get to see the face of widespread mj use.. specifically growing.. in my community... and it sucks.. do I want to pay for all the associated conditions caused by mj use... no way

This isn't a religious issue... or political party issue.. druggies love to tie it to some cause ... its a life issue
Dopers want an entitlement... like the rest of us are required in some manner to enable your goofed up behavior.... we cannot fix that you got dropped on your head too many times...ate lead paint in your childhood... or perhaps just got scared one too many times ... whatever issue you had in your life that makes someone seek a life of escapism and not want to live in some type of responsible harmony with their fellow man...

I feel profound sorrow for druggies...for the lost synapses and killed brain cells ... but it doesn't mean we should enable them one iota. Vote appropriately

Old 09-11-2014, 05:54 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,735 times
Quote:
Fortunately yesterday Jeff Sessions is introducing legislation to close this loophole... making marijuana a prohibited purchase like alcohol and tobacco.

Legitimate medical use where there is a scintilla of medical evidence that mj can help some condition is a very low percent... in single digits...
Face it... the rest of you just want to get high and have the rest of us pay for your "sickness"

Matijuana hasn't gone through the ten year fda study... if and when it does... the actual uses will be very narrow.

Do I care if you smoke your brains out...not really...if it doesn't impact others negatively... unfortunately I get to see the face of widespread mj use.. specifically growing.. in my community... and it sucks.. do I want to pay for all the associated conditions caused by mj use... no way

This isn't a religious issue... or political party issue.. druggies love to tie it to some cause ... its a life issue
Dopers want an entitlement... like the rest of us are required in some manner to enable your goofed up behavior.... we cannot fix that you got dropped on your head too many times...ate lead paint in your childhood... or perhaps just got scared one too many times ... whatever issue you had in your life that makes someone seek a life of escapism and not want to live in some type of responsible harmony with their fellow man...

I feel profound sorrow for druggies...for the lost synapses and killed brain cells ... but it doesn't mean we should enable them one iota. Vote appropriately
The part in bold is a load. This certainly is tied into religion too. I am 100% sure you're religious, as with all controversial issues, your arguments are based on your own morality and you want to force your beliefs on others. And earlier you made comments that proponents resort to insults, the part in italics is just pointing out your hypocrisy, as you've been doing this from the beginning.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:37 AM

Actually .... its the internet ... and you cannot be sure of anything...except the voice... or perhaps voices in your head... certainly the one of conscious living escapes drug users

Ten years from now when we see that large scale marijuana use has had huge negative repercussions for our society ... in any measure you want.. it is my opinion that people who make a difference in our society will scratch their heads and say... really ... making more sick people with respiratory issues ... weird diseases from ingesting chemical laden pot.. that's somehow a good thing.. not

Again.. my beliefs on religion aren't an issue... beliefs on pot are... please keep the slowed or damaged synapse process from drug use succinct
Oklahoma can easily see what mj does by looking at Colorado... Washington... or California... please.. come see for yourself .. come to Shasta county ... see what a disaster it has been... do not let druggies who scream and yell about compassion drive a quality of life issue for all. Every pro
mise made by the drugsters has been a lie... when it permeates your community each decent person will say ..whoa.. I didn't know it was going to be like this... come see... then vote appropriately

As to you or any person who wants to smoke dope have at it... as long as it doesn't impact me... because your freedom stops where another person starts

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-11-2014 at 07:57 AM..

Old 09-11-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:

Oklahoma can easily see what mj does by looking at Colorado... Washington... or California... please.. come see for yourself .. come to Shasta county ... see what a disaster it has been... do not let druggies who scream and yell about compassion drive a quality of life issue for all.
Once again, legalize marijuana like tobacco. I never hear in the news of any trouble or violence in the tobacco fields. It's interesting how society has successfully managed the bad effects of tobacco and discouraging it use, even though it's been kept legal, rather than trying to ban it. The same thing can later happen to marijuana after it is legalized. Tobacco considered even more powerfully addictive and cancer causing than marijuana. Yet, look at what's banned.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
As to you or any person who wants to smoke dope have at it... as long as it doesn't impact me... because your freedom stops where another person starts
I don't smoke pot. It's that, so unlike you, I don't think my tax dollars should go to provide FREE room and board for pot smokers via prison time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma