Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 06:00 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,185,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Actually .... its the internet ... and you cannot be sure of anything...except the voice... or perhaps voices in your head... certainly the one of conscious living escapes drug users

Ten years from now when we see that large scale marijuana use has had huge negative repercussions for our society ... in any measure you want.. it is my opinion that people who make a difference in our society will scratch their heads and say... really ... making more sick people with respiratory issues ... weird diseases from ingesting chemical laden pot.. that's somehow a good thing.. not

Again.. my beliefs on religion aren't an issue... beliefs on pot are... please keep the slowed or damaged synapse process from drug use succinct
Oklahoma can easily see what mj does by looking at Colorado... Washington... or California... please.. come see for yourself .. come to Shasta county ... see what a disaster it has been... do not let druggies who scream and yell about compassion drive a quality of life issue for all. Every pro
mise made by the drugsters has been a lie... when it permeates your community each decent person will say ..whoa.. I didn't know it was going to be like this... come see... then vote appropriately

As to you or any person who wants to smoke dope have at it... as long as it doesn't impact me... because your freedom stops where another person starts
You'll only see what you want to see. Opponents of same-sex marriage still see, by choice, negative consequences that aren't actually true. The fail to see, also by choice, that same-sex marriage has been a boon to local economies and has promoted liberty and freedom amongst people. The same can't be said for marijuana at this time because (and I'm going to use recreational use, simply because you keep referring to medical marijuana as a recreational drug, not as a medicine, which is the topic of this thread) not enough states have legalized it for there to be reliable data. The states that have legalized it for recreational purposes haven't had it on the books long enough for any sound data to arise. For some warped reason, you think once a law is passed the effects are immediate and there are mounds of data available. For what it's worth, Canada doesn't really enforce marijuana and it's growing economically. America is a superpower now... and actually drugs were legal for the longest time here. They were even legal when America grew more powerful on the global stage. And I'm talking about much harder stuff than marijuana. Quite in fact, you could buy opium from a pharmacy in the United States at one point. It was moral crusaders such as yourself that pushed for illegality.

Your religious convictions are tied into your stance on marijuana. Go back to the arguments you made (and will continue to make). They reek of Christianity, and they're analogous to arguments you people make on any social issue that you feel is against your morals. Similarly, you deny, deny, deny when people point out the obvious: you want to force your belief system onto others.

Oklahoma cannot see what it does by looking at those states, because there is NO reliable data yet. If you really insist on believing that, I just read that fatal traffic accidents and crime are down in Colorado since legalizing recreational sales. If you insist on believing that effects are that quick to appear, then you must consider that. And have you ever considered that your county is just poorly managed and that the marijuana industry is a convenient scapegoat? Illegal immigrants are in the same boat: they've become a scapegoat when cities, states and even the federal government have been mismanaged. Luckily for them, people like you buy into it... and they keep their jobs in office because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 09:11 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,494,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspecial View Post
Wrong. She has expressed approval for an oil that has no intoxicating effects whatsoever. She is against medical marijuana.
Once again, what's behind all this fear that using medical marijuana is wrong because it may make you high when during this allergy season I can go to a drug store and risk buying an antihistamine that makes me drowsy and unfit to drive?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Dopers want an entitlement... like the rest of us are required in some manner to enable your goofed up behavior.... we cannot fix that you got dropped on your head too many times...ate lead paint in your childhood... or perhaps just got scared one too many times ... whatever issue you had in your life that makes someone seek a life of escapism and not want to live in some type of responsible harmony with their fellow man...
Dopers want an entitlement, huh? Well, you surely agree to using my and your tax dollars to give them free room and board via prison time with them discovering drugs are about as easy to get in there as on the outside. Talk about enabling goofed up behavior, you take the cake!

Old 09-12-2014, 06:46 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,185,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Dopers want an entitlement, huh? Well, you surely agree to using my and your tax dollars to give them free room and board via prison time with them discovering drugs are about as easy to get in there as on the outside. Talk about enabling goofed up behavior, you take the cake!
You left out the part that the US spends about $20 billion trying to prohibit marijuana, plus whatever the medical cost is for people who would benefit from it, be that lost productivity, more expensive procedures and/or loss of life.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:07 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,711,894 times
Chemo for cancer may not always be a good idea. I've heard many cancers can be gone just by using cannabis oil. Skin cancer, gone in as little as 4 days. Stage IV lung cancer, fluid starting to fill lungs. So this man in his 80s was given cannabis oil & there was no sign of the cancer 3 months later. See Rick Simpson oil for the amazing You Tube videos. Heals 5,000 lives using life savings & US wants him to get life in prison!

Our govt doesn't want us to know about it. If you're voting Democrat or Republican, you're voting for bribed people who do what corporations want, often selling things that cause death. A vote for a Libertarian candidate is a vote for a return to freedom & ending wasteful spending. They don't worship money & truly care about the 100% equally. You can see candidates & issues positions at lp dot org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
It isn't the potheads who would benefit from medical marijuana. If I ever had to have chemo for cancer and endure the horrible nausea, I would be willing to try marijuana. Sometimes I have nausea caused by other something else and it is not good. People who are rabidly against it need to educate themselves about the benefits it offers those who suffer.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Chemo for cancer may not always be a good idea. I've heard many cancers can be gone just by using cannabis oil. Skin cancer, gone in as little as 4 days. Stage IV lung cancer, fluid starting to fill lungs. So this man in his 80s was given cannabis oil & there was no sign of the cancer 3 months later. See Rick Simpson oil for the amazing You Tube videos. Heals 5,000 lives using life savings & US wants him to get life in prison!
But it seems some people say there is no real cure for cancer. So where's the stories out there where the complaint is they tried medical marijuana on their illness but it didn't do any good?

Old 11-03-2014, 11:39 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,495,927 times
Default Medical Marijuana Drive Kicks off In Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Keith Stroup, founder of NORML, thinks the petition won't get enough signatures, due to the sponsor not getting well enough organized or did enough fund raising before hand. However, maybe there are enough educated and compassionate Oklahomans on the subject, who can prove him wrong. Nevertheless, it's remarkable that a state as highly conservative as Oklahoma has some activists willing to do such a campaign.

Medical marijuana petition starts fight at Capitol

Oklahoma Compassionate Care Campaign
Allowing Medical Marijuana is not the same thing as Legalizing Marijuana , as a matter of fact it's not as
good as ( Decriminalizing ) Marijuana because you have to have a Medical Illness to use it.

I was stationed in Alaska for 1 1/2 years starting in 1976 , and Marijuana was ( Decriminalized ) in 1975
which meant that you couldn't get arrested in your House , apartment , hotel room smoking your private
personal Marijuana.

LAW.....
Ravin v. State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-05-2014, 01:43 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,495,927 times
Default Alaskan Legalized Marijuana November 4, 2014

Alaska Becomes Fourth State To Legalize Recreational Marijuana

Last edited by Howest2008; 11-05-2014 at 02:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma