Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:27 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times

Advertisements

Protest against Immigration Reform, Amnesty & Border Surge this w/e?

nationwideprotest

OKLAHOMA

Oklahoma City, Pedestrian Overpass on I-240 between Penn & Western, Friday, July 18, 11:00 am -4:00pm. This protest will take place on the Pedestrian Overpass.

Glenpool, 111th & Hwy 75, Saturday, July 19, 9:00am -11:00am. This protest will take place on the Pedestrian Overpass.

Oklahoma City, Pedestrian Overpass on I-240 between N Western & Penn, Saturday, July 19, 11:00 am - 4:00pm. Parking available at Best Buy. This protest will take place on the Pedestrian Overpass.

Tulsa, At SW Blvd & I-244, Saturday, July 19, 11:00 am - 4:00pm. This protest will take place on the Overpass.

Lawton, On the Overpass on I-44 & Rogers Lane, Saturday, July 19, 11:00 am-4:00pm. This protest will take place on the Overpass.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:42 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,900 times
Moderator cut: good grammar is not a requirement to post

But no, I'm not going as I'm neither racist nor a nationalist, both in which these protests are rooted. I heard plenty of those stories from grandma, who grew up during the rise of Hitler, the annexation of her country and the dire consequences of what happened when scapegoating people rose to level it did, so I want no part of such a movement.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-19-2014 at 09:59 AM..

Old 07-16-2014, 07:01 AM

641 posts, read 1,072,931 times
Without borders, we cease to be a nation. If you are cool with that, then your post makes perfect logical sense.

Last edited by teakboat; 07-16-2014 at 08:11 AM..

Old 07-16-2014, 08:25 AM

778 posts, read 2,322,787 times
Have fun causing wrecks.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1soonerfan View Post
Have fun causing wrecks.
Then guys shouldn't show up with just shorts on, and especially girls, shouldn't show up in just bikinis.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:57 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
If you can get the girls to show up topless, I'll come. But I'm neither a racist nor a nationalist. I am also a Christian. As I recall Jesus told us to feed the hungry, clothe the unclothed, provide shelter for the fearful and displaced. I don't recall any reference to immigration papers or whether or not a person has to meet criteria to be helped. Wasn't that the point of the Samaritan story?

So you go to the rallies. Call me if the ladies show up naked, otherwise don't bother me.

Oh yeah, before you start screaming about illegal immigration, tell me which tribe you are a member of. Otherwise why don't you get back to where ever your ancestors got run out of..........

Old 07-16-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
Without borders, we cease to be a nation. If you are cool with that, then your post makes perfect logical sense.
Without borders, we cease to be a country... not a nation. Look up the difference for yourself. And while you're at it, read up on the nature of American history (or just pick any nation in the Western Hemisphere) and try to figure out the definition as it pertains to the American population yourself.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:32 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Moderator cut: off topic .

We have millions of illegal aliens in this country and 8 million no-match SSNs in the work force. Did you know that the law says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it? Currently, as a result of this law, the SSN won't inform you if someone is also using your SSN. You only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing tax returns on jobs you never worked.

If you are unable or unwilling to join in protest, then I hope that you are letting your elected officials know that you oppose illegal immigration.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-19-2014 at 10:00 AM..

Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 PM

Your tax dollars also go to foreign aid to countries all over the world. They also go to developing military vehicles, including tanks defense officials have said aren't necessary or wanted, then the surplus is frequently sold to foreign governments. And when I was living in Asia, I saw your tax dollars hard at work: a single soldier living in a fully-paid $3,500 per month apartment for a family of 4-5. On a personal note, your tax dollars have also been spent to support a veteran (either by now, or will be in the future) who quite savagely murdered a friend of mine several years ago, and the military refused to cooperate with the investigation. Yay troops! Your tax dollars also go to food stamps, welfare, public health care and unemployment benefits... which conservatives also use as a political platform, playing with American people's lives to play some childish game, and accuse everyone on these programs of abusing it. I trust you support helping out your fellow Americans this way Or are they lazy degenerates suckling from the government to you?

I plan on taking in as many of these children (who are actually here to stay because of a law George W. Bush signed that won't allow deportation) as I would American children in need of a home: zero. I have no interest in raising a child. But if you absolutely must know, at home I worked (on a volunteer basis, and more hours than I worked at my paid job) with and for a lot of Latino groups, all of who actually believed in the American Dream, saw it as home and wanted to improve their communities. Interestingly, that act of kindness made them also supportive of other causes affecting the greater population, including HIV care, women's shelters and raising money for cancer victims. So... it was pretty clear you were trying to be condescending at the end. Do you have anything you'd like to add?

Last edited by Keeper; 07-19-2014 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: orphaned quote

Old 07-16-2014, 08:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
To protest is an American right and a tradition. We like all other nations on the planet have a right to determine and enforce our immigration laws. Our laws don't need to make sense to any applicant. Our laws can even be impossible to satisfy. International law supports our right to determine who is acceptable.
It isn't racist to protest illegal immigration. Illegals immigrant is not a race. It isn't wrong to expect our Federal government to enforce the law. It isn't wrong to expect the Federal government to put the needs of its own citizens above those of criminals who don't even have a right or permission to be in the country.
Is it racist for hispanics to protest against illegal immigration? Blacks?
I am married to a legal immigrant who is now a citizen. We wait for my step daughter to be granted her VISA. It is a 7 to 10 year wait. In contrast to these illegals my daughter has broken no laws, has 2 college degrees and speaks fluent english. If someone can explain what makes a criminal more worthy than my daughter I might change my opinion. As it stands I will be attending the protest in Scranton PA on saturday.
I strongly urge anyone who believes in enforcing our immigration laws to call your elected reps and voice your concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma