Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 03:11 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,230,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Apology accepted, no problemo. My goodness but you have been having quite a time healthwise.
Hope your last surgery fixed whatever the problem is. It's awful to feel icky all the time and constant pain can really drag you down. Hang in there!
Thank you so much for the kind words, yes it has been a rough ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 05:56 PM

731 posts, read 1,574,252 times
Default Tolerance in action in Moore, Oklahoma

Of course there have been killings by Americans. Do you remember 911? Muslims killed 2000 people, and they keep saying they are bringing jihad to the USA. They are coming over here little at a time recruiting ignorant people to join them. Sooner or later there will be jihad here in the U.S and it might be in your city. Jihadists are simply murderers there is no warfare to their game. They will also kill people thseeat defend them. Defending them won't keep you safe.

I'm sure there are good Muslims too. I went to college with some. But Muslims who cut people's heads off I could never defend them by tossing up the fact that others kill too.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:17 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,310,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
He thought he was. Look there are nuts everywhere funny how that escapes you?
Religion (I speak of any and all religions), while it CAN and HAS BEEN the foundation of much wonderful thought and art, and can instill feelings of comfort and fellowship and charity, etc. can also frequently be the cause of mass-scale violence, heinous acts, despicable cruelty, the justification for hatred, war, bigotry and all manner of profoundly sick and disturbing things.

Obviously it does not require religion for people to do terrible things, but when a person feels he is "right" or "entitled" to do terrible things, or to use others, etc. because of their religious beliefs or because they proclaim whatever particular invisible, manufactured deity in which they believe wills it, or endorses it, it can increase and expedite the resulting evil by orders of magnitude.

It's the 21st century. Isn't it time we grew up, stood up and moved out of the basement of these Big Sky Fairies to be out on our own?

Old 10-07-2014, 08:22 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,310,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Well what would you call it Einstein? Enlighten us.
It's religious fanaticism at its worst. Doesn't matter which religion; any true believer warped enough, coupled with their religious faith, can do horrific things, You don't have to look far back in history, or far around the globe to find this to be true.

And if anyone thinks I am giving a "pass" to these insanely violent Muslim extremists, I personally am of the opinion that anyone who can be shown to be involved in ISIS should be executed on sight.

It's just, I don't believe Al Quaeda or Hizbolla or ISIS are representative of Islam as a whole any more than I think abortion clinic bombers, Westboro Baptist or the KKK are representative of Christians as a whole.

The majority of believers, be they Christian, Muslim or whatever, are reasonable, peaceful people.

This doesn't mean that religion isn't often the impetus for extreme hatred and violence. It's like a plague.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma