Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:28 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,185,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb123 View Post
Thanks for posting your pictures from your trip to the Cattleman's Steakhouse. I'll bet they don't serve whimpy sized steaks like they do up here in the Buckeye state.

I didn't see anyone wearing heavy winter coats; that's great!

How bad is this...when you wrote in your narration that you wanted the pink halter, my first thought (hadn't scolled down to the photo yet) was women's apparel. (duh, on my part!)
Don't get too excited, it's 20-25 degrees above average today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 03:54 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
Default horse back riding

well, Anna and I went horse back riding at Lake Thunderbird this afternoon. We had a really good time. However ---- I took a fall. Right near the end of our ride my horse stumbled and I hit the dirt --- face first and on my wrist. Which is very very painful right now. My horse bolted and Anna chase him down on her horse and brought him back. He was very skittish at that point so I rode her horse and she calmed mine down and walked him back to the stable. I'm typing very little, because I'm trying to keep ice on it.

Tonight we're heading out to Bricktown to Toby Keith's Bar and Grill.

AND -- the best news! We made a deal on our house. The sellers counter offered and we accepted. We leave tomorrow at 7 AM, so we'll return home with good news. (and a sore wrist).

Old 01-05-2008, 04:12 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Unhappy I love winter!

"Thanks for posting your pictures from your trip to the Cattleman's Steakhouse. I'll bet they don't serve whimpy sized steaks like they do up here in the Buckeye state.

I didn't see anyone wearing heavy winter coats; that's great!"

Peggy, you take some good pix. I don't think its great that there were no heavy winter coats. We don't have winters anymore, except for a snowstorm or ice storm, then its gone, and its supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow, January 6. Thats just wrong! I haven't bough a winter coat for 2 straight winters now. I dont want all the snow and ice, but I do like cold winters that last for a while.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:44 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
well, Anna and I went horse back riding at Lake Thunderbird this afternoon. We had a really good time. However ---- I took a fall. Right near the end of our ride my horse stumbled and I hit the dirt --- face first and on my wrist. Which is very very painful right now. My horse bolted and Anna chase him down on her horse and brought him back. He was very skittish at that point so I rode her horse and she calmed mine down and walked him back to the stable. I'm typing very little, because I'm trying to keep ice on it.

Tonight we're heading out to Bricktown to Toby Keith's Bar and Grill.

AND -- the best news! We made a deal on our house. The sellers counter offered and we accepted. We leave tomorrow at 7 AM, so we'll return home with good news. (and a sore wrist).
Fantastic news colleen, except for the wrist. I'm happy for you and your family!

Old 01-05-2008, 04:48 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Peg,

On one of your pcs called community bulletine board, what is the date for the american indian art calendar signing and showing?

Old 01-05-2008, 05:11 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times
Colleen, I'm so sorry you fell off that horse. I hope your wrist is not broken or sprained.

But, great news on the house! I don't know if you mentioned it yet, but it is nice that it has a good storm shelter already. I hope you have a great time tonight, and a safe trip back tomorrow.

Synopsis, the National Final Rodeo moved to Las Vegas. Now we have the International Finals but that is not as good. That must have happened back in the early 80s or late 70s. That was before OKC started to wake up and decide to improve things.

bjb123, I wasn't even thinking about clothing. I guess my mind is always in the barn.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 PM

Drat, Redbird, it has already happened. Maybe you could plan to go next year. I think it would be a fun event to go to. I think that Jacobson House would be nice to visit too.

I'm getting pretty tricky with this camera stuff. Here is an enlarged pic.

Jess, I like a nice snow once in a while too, but I love the 70 degree days in January like today.

Last edited by peggydavis; 01-05-2008 at 05:42 PM..

Old 01-05-2008, 09:27 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Sorry about your wrist; hope it'll be ok by the time you pack! Are you leaving relatives where you live now? If so, are they sad that you are moving? You have a good attitude about moving. Thats great that you are looking forward to moving, instead of dreading it.

Peggy, I understand about the weather because you sound busy, like you are out a lot too. I also feel for the people who have to work in extremely cold weather. I just miss the changing seasons. Its getting to where its just summer, have a little break for cool weather, then back to summer!

Old 01-05-2008, 09:37 PM

Well, today was a record high I heard on the news. I do think our winters have been warmer than in years past.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:37 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Sorry about your wrist; hope it'll be ok by the time you pack! Are you leaving relatives where you live now? If so, are they sad that you are moving? You have a good attitude about moving. Thats great that you are looking forward to moving, instead of dreading it.

Peggy, I understand about the weather because you sound busy, like you are out a lot too. I also feel for the people who have to work in extremely cold weather. I just miss the changing seasons. Its getting to where its just summer, have a little break for cool weather, then back to summer!
Well, we're back in NJ. Didn't make it to Toby Keith's restaurant and bar because the realtor asked us to stick around so he could bring us the final offer/acceptance to sign before we left. So we just hung out at the hotel and packed. I also kept a lot of ice on my wrist, which is still very sore today. I have tomorrow off from work, so I will probably make an appointment with the doctor to check it out.

We're very tired at this point, but happy with the results of our trip. My son is going to need some convincing, but I think it will be all right. Thanks again Peggy for adding to the enjoyment our trip to OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma