Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 03:51 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times

Advertisements

LR, I guess your hubby is healthier. What is the prize if I guess correctly?

As for my own diet, I never give up. I am steadfast, and to be honest, I "allow" myself food overindulgence because it is my last reward. I know I can do better and I will. Just have to keep on keepin on, right?

All I really need is to start walking more often. Last year was rough for me, I gained weight, as we battled cancer and let me tell you, nothing is worse emotionally than not knowing if your loved one is going to live.

I was home alone all day every day last year while Don slept 23 hours a day and for me, staying home alone means EATING!!!!

BTW, has anyone else gone to see "Bucket List" with Jack Nicholsen? It is really good. I took Don. It was our first time to a movie since his initial diagnosis with cancer.

They don't portray chemo and radiation side effects accurately, but it IS hollywood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 04:30 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
That must have been horrible redbird. That could tear many people to shreds. Kudos to you in that you (and Don) persevered. I hope there are much happier times in your future.

Last edited by Synopsis; 02-03-2008 at 05:04 PM..

Old 02-03-2008, 05:02 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times
There is a program on the local am radio called Swap Shop. You could call them and ask if anyone wants to sell a treadmill or stairmaster cheap. Someone probably has one in their garage.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:09 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
I have to get back on track. I keep trying, slipping off, trying, slipping, etc. Tomorrow I start on a serious diet. Since I'm off work, I'm going to add a long, brisk walk every day, too. Clothes are getting tight.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:03 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I have to get back on track. I keep trying, slipping off, trying, slipping, etc. Tomorrow I start on a serious diet. Since I'm off work, I'm going to add a long, brisk walk every day, too. Clothes are getting tight.
I hear you colleen. I have to re-dedicate myself to exercising.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:19 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Or you could try just not keeping anything edible in your house, and get someone else to buy your groceries and fix your meals. Or maybe that e-diet thing, where they tailor it to you and deliver it already prepared.
Hmm, no, our house has ONLY one thing going for it- a full fridge. We went shopping yesterday and I made a lot of good choices. Thats where it starts for me, at the grocery store.

Of course, with the super bowl, I HAD to buy chips and salsa and a HUGE 16" pizza which BTW is in the oven right now.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEaauhhhh babeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love super bowl food, commercials and the puppy bowl. Oh and its a fairly decent game tonite too.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,490 times
Hello,
New to this site, 40 Male Va.
I have a question about the juicemanII machine. Most of the fruits and Veggies work good as far as getting juice extracted. My problem is with the leafy greens, they don't seem to extract much juice. I would try and fold the leaves up tight before putting in blender just to get some juice out.
Anyone else have this problem, and if so what did you do about it.

Thanx
Joe

Old 02-04-2008, 12:01 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I hear you colleen. I have to re-dedicate myself to exercising.
You know, swimming would be better for your pinched nerve. Are there any pools you can use during the winter nearby? I'd really like to do that, but the closest one to me is about a 50 mile round trip. Most of the traditional exercises I can't do because I had knee surgery 10 years ago, and it's just not stable anymore. It doen't hurt all the time now, but it also doesn't work very well. I get around okay for the most part, but no long distance hiking, jogging, etc.

And if I think about the kinds of things I used to do every day, the homestead where I first lived in Alaska, where it was a mile through the woods from the house to the car - well, it's just plain depressing.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
There is a program on the local am radio called Swap Shop. You could call them and ask if anyone wants to sell a treadmill or stairmaster cheap. Someone probably has one in their garage.
Really? We had one of those back in Alaska, it was a buy/sell/trade/comment program, and everyone loved it! We were told back then that Alaska was the only state that had that kind of thing, and I've missed it ever since we left. People would come up with the darnedest things, like the lady who wanted to give her dog away because they didn't have room for it. The DJ asked what kind it was [husky and lab mixes were the most common give-aways] and she said a chihuahua! He completely lost it, and asked her if she lived in a phone booth! Then he had to apologize between fits of giggling.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Oh yes you can! You just haven't found what "works" for you yet. We all eat differently and more food or less depending on the circumstances. (some people are *stress* eaters, some are *craving* "binge"ers etc.)

I try to focus on little things instead of denying myself the foods that I love.

THAT really makes me start stuffing myself! I eat what I want, but smaller or with one thing left out. Like a baked potato with sour cream OR butter but not both.

Having a Quarter pounder instead of a Double quarter pounder. etc. I quit drinking sweet tea and switched to water, and quit using creamer in my sweetened coffee.

Give yourself LOTS to drink with your meal and eat slowly... smaller bites and chew longer.

As silly as it sounds, keep moving even when you are sitting still. Bouncing a leg, wiggling your feet or hands, rocking in a rocking chair... Fidgeting burns calories and keeps your blood moving.

The little things add up... really! (And stop worrying so much, you eat more when you are worried. )

I have an activity for you when the weather is good...

Buy a tennis ball and go out to the nearest field with your Pup...

Throw the ball as FAR as you can!!

Now jog out into the field and bring it back to her...

Continue until she is tired of laughing at you.

Oh and those Slim Fast thingies NEVER work for me!
You're probably healthier than he is. I took one of those on-line 'what's your life expectancy' things awhile back, and it asked for a really detailed history. I've been a smoker off and on since I was 16, about half and half, but based on all the family history blahblahs, the answer was that I needed to INCREASE my cholesterol level and that was about it - then barring all other things, my life expectancy would be around 106!

And I totally agree with those diet drink things. If you read the really fine print, they have the same ingredients as the dietary supplements. In other words, Slimfast = Ensure, but the Ensure has more milk solids so it tastes more like a shake than flavored water.

Back in the Dark Ages, when I was a teenager, my mother decided I should go on a diet, so she got a couple cases of Metrecal [anybody remember that stuff?] and that's what I was supposed to live on. 900 calories/day. I'm the only person I've ever heard of who actually gained more weight with that, and she never believed I wasn't cheating. Fortunately, I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get liver damage from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma