Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:05 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,584,913 times

Advertisements

With the nice weather this weekend we were able to get out be active. When it is really cold we tend to sit around and think of things to eat.

I haven't lost much weight yet, but I feel better and at least have reversed the upward trend I was having over the holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 04:43 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,351,221 times
Good for you Peggy. I wish I had your self discipline! My healthy lifestyle for this week is to buy some light salt and actually use it. I eat so much salt that my salt shaker is my box of salt! I even eat salt on fruit except for bananas or strawberries. So, I'm eating oatmeal for most days of the week and using light salt.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:18 PM

I eat a lot of salt also. I know it is not good, but I crave it.

Oatmeal is really good food for dieting. I like it even when not dieting.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:56 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,763,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post

I don't know, I once had a doctor tell me that unless you have a problem with high blood pressure, the amount of salt you use isn't harmful. I was glad to hear that because I, too, use a lot of salt. However, my blood pressure is low so I don't worry about it.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:58 AM

I have heard that about the salt, too. My mom had to go without salt for years because of her high blood pressure, so she would be mad to hear that.

Looks like today my exercise should be brisk house cleaning.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:42 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,459,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post

I like oatmeal too, but it makes my blood sugar skyrocket. Maybe because I always make 3 or 4 of those tiny little packets. (Which btw, costs Quaker $ .06 each to produce.)

Accountability Post:

Tonight I made ribs, green peas and baked potatoes. I was strong and did not partake of the delicious baked potato with melting butter *NOT MARGERINE, oozing down the sides...

Tried to find the bbq sauce with the least amount of sugar in it. I only ate 5 ribs and the brisket.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:02 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,305,093 times
you need to make your own barbecue recipes so you can control the sugar in it.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:21 AM

We had company for dinner so I tried to make it healthy while still good. First, a big fruit plate with pineapple, grapes, kiwis, etc. then grilled pork chops, boiled potatoes with garlic & green onions, flavored with butter buds, and grilled veggies.

Not making much progress downward, but have not gained any more.

Seems like it would be possible to make barbeque sauce with Splenda.

Redbird, have you tried Shack's Barbeque in Wewoka? Their smoked pork loin is very good. Their sides are all pretty fattening though.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:11 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,459,392 times
No, we have not even heard of Shack's BBQ. But we don't get into Wewoka too often. We will have to try them out. Hooterville doesn't have any place to eat other than the mexican place by Waldo world.

Peg, your dinner sounded delicious. Sounds like you can really put together the vittles!

My world is food oriented. LOL. Last night I had to run to the store and get some veggies and I thought to myself, WOW, life has sure changed, when the highlight of my day is supper!

Of course, I have always loved buying a rack of ribs and slow cooking them.

I am having hot tea for breakfast. Man those leftover ribs were sure calling my name this morning!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:19 AM

After we give up everything that is bad for us, food is about all that is left, and a lot of that is bad.

I didn't cook for a long time, but I am getting more in practice now. We still eat out too much, with all these fattening restaurants.

The Lin Cuisine isn't bad and has some low fat items. Funny name, I think. Shack's is on the south side of Wewoka on 56. They started with a concession stand type trailer, but have now moved in to a sit-down restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma