Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:01 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times

Advertisements

But perhaps I'll be saved from that fate. My computer problems have brought me to the choice of hauling it to the dump or hiring a Microsoft tech in Washington state to fix it. I took the latter solution. We worked on it some this morning, but I had to stop for the day. We start again in the morning. His English is difficult for me to understand, but nicely enough he repeats as many times as necessary for me to understand what he wants me to do. He's never heard of Okie from Muskogee.

I hired a local tech, but he couldn't do anything and whatever I do only makes it worse, so I've given up and am counting on Warren to repair it all. The job is guaranteed. (We'll see.....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 12:46 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Default I'm Getting Ready To Call (Dell ) To Day That's Our Second Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
But perhaps I'll be saved from that fate. My computer problems have brought me to the choice of hauling it to the dump or hiring a Microsoft tech in Washington state to fix it. I took the latter solution. We worked on it some this morning, but I had to stop for the day. We start again in the morning. His English is difficult for me to understand, but nicely enough he repeats as many times as necessary for me to understand what he wants me to do. He's never heard of Okie from Muskogee.

I hired a local tech, but he couldn't do anything and whatever I do only makes it worse, so I've given up and am counting on Warren to repair it all. The job is guaranteed. (We'll see.....)

I'm Getting Ready To Call (Dell ) To Day That's Our Second Step......

My wife called McAfee a week ago and they took care of the Virus's that they could handle , and
mentioned that there was three other " Bad Boys " on there that were Beyond Theirs Capability
and to call (Dell) the manufacturer " Dell would have to make adjustment in the Hard Drive Remotely "
then we are to call McAfee Back , my wife have demanded that I handle Phrase (2) and (3) but
I wanted To Wrestle With These Hackers My Self Before I Turn It Over To The Big Boys.....I have
Beem running the File Delete Function of McAfee None Stop Also Along With The Anti-Virus
Scan Function ( Kicking almost 200,000 Files Off The Computer ) making it possible to not be
tormented that much by the Hackers Silly Games.....But I got to get My Polish Sausage and a drink
from Costco first , well I when down to Salvation Army to volunteer first , well I'm down at the Library
for 2 or 3 hours first ( Well I'll Get Around To Doing It For Crying Out Loud )....

Old 11-24-2014, 04:14 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
I'm so lucky that a friend of mine IS a microsoft certified tech.

Ahhh, I MISS those polish sausages. And all those neat other things they had to eat inside. Sure could spend a while wandering around Costco. Be sure to shop your way through the food and try all the samples.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:39 PM

For lunch today I had Polish sausage and beans. I don't think I've even been to a Costco. Never occurred to me they had food.

Howest, doesn't Mrs Howest know you'll do whatever it is you need to do when you have time? After all these years I'm sure she realizes you wouldn't postpone a job that needs doing.

Maybe tomorrow afternoon, this mess will be repaired. I'll believe it when it happens.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:05 PM

[quote]
Quote:
For lunch today I had Polish sausage and beans. I don't think I've even been to a Costco. Never occurred to me they had food.
howest2008.....Oklahoma first Costco is going to open spring/summer 2015 next year in Tulsa OK , I may time my yearly Tulsa Oklahoma walk about ( vacation ) for the grand opening and will take you for a polish sausage and drink it's my honor to do so.

Quote:
Rubi3....Howest, doesn't Mrs Howest know you'll do whatever it is you need to do when you have time? After all these years I'm sure she realizes you wouldn't postpone a job that needs doing.

howest2008.....My wife likes instant obedient because delayed obedient is disobedient...FOMC....LOL
she's puts me in the position to continuously " Frustrating Her " ( I Always Say Hold Up Wait A Minute ROME Wasn't Built In One Day ) that makes her so maddddddd that she's almost turns white with A Women Fury.

Quote:
Rubi3.....Maybe tomorrow afternoon, this mess will be repaired. I'll believe it
when it happens.[/quote]
Well just keep me posted........

Old 11-24-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I'm so lucky that a friend of mine IS a microsoft certified tech.

Ahhh, I MISS those polish sausages. And all those neat other things they had to eat inside. Sure could spend a while wandering around Costco. Be sure to shop your way through the food and try all the samples.

Tulsa isn't that far of a drive from Cushing OK.......

Old 11-25-2014, 04:03 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:

If you're having system issues (ex. "cannot find ***.exe/.dll file) then you'll have to reinstall Windows.

Run MSCONFIG (click start button and type msconfig in the run/search bar depending on your version of Windows) utility and keep only the few programs that you need in startup running in the background in the system tray.

Using Windows Explorer, go to your C Drive and empty out the Temp files in the windows folder (at C:\windows\temp).

Right click on your C Drive and run utilities such as Disk Cleanup and Defrag. (Do this at least every two weeks.)

Install AVG antivirus (free version for 2015) and it will pick up any viruses/malware programs on your system.

These simple steps will save you from having to always reinstall Windows when you're having issues.

Most of these utilities can also be run in Safe Mode (mash down F8 while Windows is booting up), which I use regularly too.

Good luck!

Old 11-25-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
If you're having system issues (ex. "cannot find ***.exe/.dll file) then you'll have to reinstall Windows.

Run MSCONFIG (click start button and type msconfig in the run/search bar depending on your version of Windows) utility and keep only the few programs that you need in startup running in the background in the system tray.

Using Windows Explorer, go to your C Drive and empty out the Temp files in the windows folder (at C:\windows\temp).

Right click on your C Drive and run utilities such as Disk Cleanup and Defrag. (Do this at least every two weeks.)

Install AVG antivirus (free version for 2015) and it will pick up any viruses/malware programs on your system.

These simple steps will save you from having to always reinstall Windows when you're having issues.

Most of these utilities can also be run in Safe Mode (mash down F8 while Windows is booting up), which I use regularly too.

Good luck!
BandC, I'll keep this for future use, but right now, it's too late. When I reached the last straw yesterday, I contracted with Microsoft to repair it. Unfortunately, I must be right there with him while I would prefer to go on about other business as he is working on the machine. The job is guaranteed, so maybe there is light ahead.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:42 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
BandC, I'll keep this for future use, but right now, it's too late. When I reached the last straw yesterday, I contracted with Microsoft to repair it. Unfortunately, I must be right there with him while I would prefer to go on about other business as he is working on the machine. The job is guaranteed, so maybe there is light ahead.
You bet!

I'm sure they'll get it working for you.

Cheers.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:02 PM

Unfortunately, the Microsoft tech hasn't accomplished anything so far and another day is gone.

I rarely wake up during the night before time to get up, so this morning when I woke up, I got up, went to the porch for the paper, no paper. Fixed coffee, finally ending up at the computer with coffee. Drank it. Looked at C-D... eventually glanced at the clock. One p.m. What! 2 hours sleep or less since I've been up 20 minutes. I went back to bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma