Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:53 AM

420 posts, read 479,185 times

Advertisements

So.......Im from Louisiana i dont know nuthin, I know OKC had some bad misfortune in the past and showed our New Orleans so much love during the Hurricane. When I hear of Tulsa I hear all about beauty, and are very progressive are far as catering to their people(Fun Fact:Remeber we beat Oklahoma in 2004 and won the championship, We killed Tulsa that same year i think, so we run yall in that sense, LSU:2008 National Champions!!!) So tell me, who has the upper hand, I did this in Louisiana and get alot of feedback, I expect the same here!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 08:26 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
2004? I have no memory of that year.

Actually I was rooting for LSU, just because I think the SEC is a lot tougher than the Big Ten.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:29 AM

But Tell Me Which City U Perfer And Why, Okc Or Tulsa?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
I like OKC better because that is where I lived for many years.

I like Tulsa too, but I don't get around the town that much. I always seem to go straight to my relatives' house or place of business.

I think OKC has more energy and a more positive outlook on life than Tulsa, at the moment.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:05 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Neither. the neighbors are always cranky (they don't like my roosters, my cows keep getting in their yards, my goats eat their flowers, etc), everyone expects you to smile when they wave at you, you can be in a supermarket line and a perfect stranger will start chatting with you, clerks in wal-mart walk up and offer to help you find stuff (and they actually know where it is), people open doors (and hold them open) for strangers.........it is just too much society for me. Give me a place where I can shoot a deer (or mosquito) off my porch, where the UPS guy has to meet me at the store cause he can't get in my driveway, and where the geese and dogs run free.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:17 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Just like any other state OkC and Tulsa share a sibling rivalry. I prefer Tulsa but I could be happy in either city. OkC is more bustling and has more going on; it's growing faster, and has more options for entertainment. But then again that's one reason I like Tulsa, it's more like a smaller city than a bustling metropolis, although some people would disagree and say Tulsa is too big for them. I also like all of the art deco architecture in Tulsa, plus I believe it is more scenic in that it has more rolling hills in and around the city, particularly to the west and south of Tulsa.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 AM

LOL, GOOD PASTURE YOU SILLY!! Even though Im very urban and like speaking and greeting new people, I always wanted that country feel like my mom and grandparents. i had chickens, dogs, and sheets on the line in Shreveport but the city made me rid of the chickens. I want to go to a similar place i can do the same. Maybe why Im heavily leaning on Tulsa and my new place of residence. I know that OKc is a lil more exciting but my youthful nature will absorb all of that and I'll get lost, may smoke & drank more than I'd like too, party alot, and lose all focus on my future. Im thinking Tulsa's beauty and silk like feeling will soothe me in a way where i can be grown, and think about a future.(remember, im a marketer, promoter, and an artist i know how to paint a convincing picture). I will favor Tulsa, but i travel alot, okc is an knock away!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 PM

Actually if you are an artist, I believe OkC has a very thriving art scene as far as real, living artists go. Tulsa has a lot of nationally renowned museums, but as far as practicing artists go I think OkC probably has the edge in numbers. Happytown could tell you more about that because he is an artist himself and he lives in OkC.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:34 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,187 times
OKC easy. Then again I've lived here my whole life. There just seems to be more energy here, more projects being developed, just more going on.

If I was older I'd probably prefer Tulsa because it's "prettier" but I'm young so being in the fun town is better to me.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
OKC easy. Then again I've lived here my whole life. There just seems to be more energy here, more projects being developed, just more going on.

If I was older I'd probably prefer Tulsa because it's "prettier" but I'm young so being in the fun town is better to me.
There IS a lot more going on in OkC. Tulsa is a little more like a sleepy town but I think that will change as well (hopefully for the better), and most of it is due to the resurgence that OkC has experienced (through the vision of its leadership). It's already happened to some degree, and don't think it would have without OkC pretty much leading the way.

OkC is making a name for itself nationwide as a city on the move; I see it all over City-Data. People used to never know OkC existed and now you hear people talking about what they've done all over these boards.

Last edited by Synopsis; 01-08-2008 at 06:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma