U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 12:52 PM

3 posts, read 2,132 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Weleetka area this fall, moving from Washington. I need information on housing rentals. If any one can help me with this, even the name of a news paper I could get my hands on to find a house to rent for a couple years, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you, Jeri Lesho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 10:56 AM

32,741 posts, read 18,192,622 times
I am not far from Weleetka, but I don't know of any websites with information on rentals. I would probably just start with a google search of Weleetka real estate and go from there. I know that is common knowledge, but I think maybe if you called one of the realtors, they may be able to help you.

A lot of these small towns have a lot of houses for sale and maybe someone would be willing to rent out a house.

BTW, they had a cafe spotlighted on the local PBS news. The cafe is known for it's huge chicken fried steaks. So we ate there and it was really good.

Sorry, I could not be more of a help.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:36 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,733,369 times
That will not be easy. I drive that way to visit my daughters in Stillwater and OKCity. I live just before the 270/75 turn off on a ranch. You'll find mostly country properties. I would suggest a bigger town and drive. Or get there and park yourself in a hotel and search. Are you moving from the State of Washington or DC. I've lived near both and also husband transferred to McAlester Ok. I still have problems with the area but my daughters love OK. It is just too hot in the summer for me. You will be up by I 40 which is good to get to a larger town.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:27 PM

Thank you for your response. Another poster said that there are a lot of places for sale around there, and maybe someone would be willing to rent. We don't have to live there, I was thinking that Henryetta might be fine, but still can not find any rental information. I did find a piece of property 3 acres with a nice single wide mobile on it for less thanb 20 thou. I am planning on driving out there in about a month to 6 weeks from now with my Grandson and see what we can see. We need a place for about 2 years. We are moving from the State of Washington, West Coast!!

Old 03-09-2015, 09:29 PM

Thank you anyways for your response. My husband was just drooling at the prospect of Chicken Fried Steak!! I have made every search I possibly can with no results. I am driving out in 4 to 6 weeks to see what I can see!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or