Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 01:30 PM

241 posts, read 223,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Thanks GOD.......and you to rubi3......
I (personally) actually kind of think a lot of the things you post are pretty funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 01:32 PM

In my opinion, the most evolved, and possibly most intelligent being will end up being a sentient computer virus. Anybody else's thoughts on this? (seriously)

Old 03-15-2015, 02:00 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Are you talking about me again! Yes you are, I knew it, I knew it!
I was afraid you would catch on! LOL

Old 03-15-2015, 02:10 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timemachineman View Post
In my opinion, the most evolved, and possibly most intelligent being will end up being a sentient computer virus. Anybody else's thoughts on this? (seriously)
So, that's the way the world ends? A computer eaten up by a virus? No humans remain?

Old 03-16-2015, 12:09 PM

Well, that I haven't thought about. I meant that an intelligent computer virus will eventually play the same role in the world that humans currently do, likely spreading from computer to computer.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Well, that I haven't thought about. I meant that an intelligent computer virus will eventually play the same role in the world that humans currently do, likely spreading from computer to computer.
er........When I said "the same role in the world that humans currently do" I meant as the most self-aware and intelligent (my last comment was sort of unclear).

Old 09-02-2019, 12:32 PM

18 posts, read 9,724 times
Quote:
What will the final stage of evolution be?

Even though the NWO wants Transhumanism, us humans will still be the winner.

You should read my article below about Transhumanism/Ancient of Days

http://master-elaine.blogspot.com/20...shumanism.html

Old 09-03-2019, 10:17 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,205 times
Why is this subject ("transhunmanism") posted in a forum devoted to the U.S. state of Oklahoma??!!??!???? Has anyone here not noticed that yet?

It should better be posted in either the "Great Debates" forum or in "Philosophy" forum.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:33 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,954 times
In maybe a million years, we will have sunk giant nuclear reactors into the earth's core, so we will have almost unlimited power - gauges that read amperage will be phased around a control room, showing the power of ten raised almost to infinity. The reactors will power a machine the size of a cube twenty miles on each side, with maybe eight thousand distinct levels, all self-adjusting and maintaining, it wouldn't surprise me if it was designed to last at least two hundred centuries. On the surface, giant skyscrapers of porcelain and glass and adamantine steel will rise to the clouds. By then, we will probably have evolved physically to have very large heads, but will be very short and squat, our doors will probably resemble pentagons, and our technicians will scoot around the planet on hovercraft. We will have visited planets all over the galaxy, and imported life from them back to earth.

I imagine that at the height of our scientific achievement, we will be able to project, by virtue of the great machine's power, anything we can imagine, anywhere on the planet - existence without physical instrumentalities - it will be the zenith of our intellectual achievements.

Hopefully, I will be able to see all of this via cryotherapy, with my consciousness transplanted into a cloned body, over and over again. But with my luck, at the precipice of our greatest triumph, Anne Francis will probably be wearing a chastity belt made out of Krell metal.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:23 PM

497 posts, read 484,715 times
I doubt we'll ever have the chance to evolve as a species. We will most likely kill off the planet before we invent the technology that would enable us to leave and start over elsewhere. Even if we did, we'd just repeat the same mistakes wherever we ended up. Our track record speaks for itself, regardless of the bright spots here and there along the way.

Speaking of technology... It's likely to be the one thing that dooms us. Its effects are already causing a multitude of problems. With lack of food and overpopulation running a close second. A grim outlook to be sure, but we can't even consistently treat each other well. Thousands of years and we still haven't managed a solid grasp on how to coexist without constant conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma